Crank pulley on a 225

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
My son & I are doing a spruce up of the slant 6 & want to remove the crank pulley to claen up 42 years of grime & then paint the front of the engine.

There doesn't appear to be a crank bolt.

Is this true or is the hole just packed full of crap? If there is a crank bolt, what size is it?

I assume one uses a standard harmanic balancer/steering wheel puller?

Any feedback from experienced slant 6 "wrenches"?

There was no bolt holding on the pulling on a slant 6. The end of the crank is threaded though and a small block bolt fits. When I rebuilt my slant I used the bolt to pull the balancer back on then left it there.

dgc333 said:
There was no bolt holding on the pulling on a slant 6. The end of the crank is threaded though and a small block bolt fits. When I rebuilt my slant I used the bolt to pull the balancer back on then left it there.

THX. I'll probably do the same.

dgc333 is correct, I have not seen a bolt yet in a /6 but when I put them back together I also use a LA bolt and washer.

Chuck

340mopar said:
dgc333 is correct, I have not seen a bolt yet in a /6 but when I put them back together I also use a LA bolt and washer.

Chuck

So I can go to the Chrysler garage & order the LA bolt & washer?

Or I can go to the junk yard. Is the magnum the same as the LA?

Happen to know the diameter, thread pitch & length?

I am at work now, let me find out tonight on the length and thread size. I think the thread size is 3/4-16 but will let me confirm this first.

I do not know if the Magnum is the same bolt or not.

Chuck

You don't need to pay Mopar Performance markup for what is just a simple ¾"-16 bolt and suitable washer.

would be a good time to replace the timing chain and gears while ya got it apart

When i needed to pull my balancer i bought a craftsman haronic balancer puller from sears for 20.00 and that pulls it right out. you wont need that bolt untill you put it in . i bought my after market bolt and washer at a hard ware store for 2 dollars and rented the harmonic balancer installer at oreily autoparts for free. Do not use air if u dont have to, you may crack your balancer like i did. But if you cant wrench that bolt back out an impact gun will do the job if u do it right. never try to hammer the balancer back on. not even once. if you have to move it alwys use a puller or a installer.

-
Back