Crankcase Evacuation

-

Plumcrazyfreak

Reaction score
Can anyone explain Crankcase Evacuation. The importance, The pros and cons & Proper setup. I understand that it decreases the pressure build up in the crankcase. How is it any different than having a normal breather element set in the valve cover?

as the pistons go up and down in their bores...they are creating alot of pressure in the oil pan...crank case..

at low rpms the breather and PCV will handle the pressure...

at high rpms ...the breather and PCV will not...so a crankcase evacution system is installed....vacum pump or hoses hooked to header collectors..

Is there a vacuum kit someone sells or does anyone have any pictures.

I use it on my dart street/strip car.
Its a big block though.... anyway You go from valve cover to header collector with a hose. jegs sells the evacuation kit and its a weld on kit.
Works great for me although my headers already had it like it was used at one time already, I had evacuation problems with a pcv valve where I had alot of pressure build up and thats why I went to evacuation.
The exhaust going through the headers creats a vacuum and pulls gas out of the motor, you can actually feel it if its disconnected from the valve cover.
Works better at higher rpm's as mentioned because its going off exhuast.
Being that smallblocks as far as I know are more high rpm motors I would use this system....
Any questions let me know

I have a R3 360 416 stroker @ 525 Hp. The car will be street driven a bit and a ady at the strip every two weeks. I need to install the most appropriate evac system for this type of use.

Does anyone see any problem welding the nipples for the hose to TTI Polished ceramic coated headers ?

no..they are your headers....lol

might try welding to the reducer just behind the collector...???

I need to talk to the bigblock boys.My car is going to see the street more then the track.Do any of you bigblock guys use the header evac system on your street cars.I need to know how it works.I also am not up to speed on the crankcase evacuation systems nad don,t know what I am going to do. Mark

Your a gas ! Methane gas. 70aarcuda Anyway.... Just another thanks to all the Fabo's for all the info you share. I've learned alot! Thanks

-
Back