crankshaft comparison

-

moparcuda

Reaction score
hi,some year ago i pick some cranks from a close mopar dealer ,the one at your left(front view) is a 69 440 crank but the right side crank is the same spec but he have a 8- 1/2" bolts flange and 3/4" longer near the flange(see pictures)and have a no lip on the flange like the 440,what crank is this do you think,thank you

P1050141.JPG

P1050143.JPG

P1050144.JPG

Are the register holes different?
Could it be one auto trans and one manual?

They look exactly the same up to the main seal area and the top one is balanced different it looks like.

I'm pretty sure the short one is for a car, the long one is industrial truck 413.

Others may know more.

yep. Many years ago I bought one of those "***"-uming it was a Hemi crank (8 bolt holes). Never could find a bellhousing/flywheel to fit it - think I ended up scrapping it since no one would buy it. Oh well, one born every minute!

yep. Many years ago I bought one of those "***"-uming it was a Hemi crank (8 bolt holes). Never could find a bellhousing/flywheel to fit it - think I ended up scrapping it since no one would buy it. Oh well, one born every minute!
thank you for the reply,i can make a boat Anchor with this crank.lol

Either that or try to find the extremely heavy iron-cased trans that came in the truck. Boat anchor is probably a better use for it. By the time you have a custom flywheel made you could have bought a really good crank instead.

-
Back