crankshaft?

-

68gts

Reaction score
ok so i need a new crank for my pre-magnum 360. mancini is having a special on 4" stroke cast cranks to make a 408.it says balancing required,now can i use my 360 harmonic balancer and flexplate and torque conveter to balance this setup? or does the crank itself have to be balanced before it gets put in the block,i really like the idea of stroking this thing while i got it apart, this will be a street car so i wont be spinning it up past 6000,maybe a little more if i feel like having rice for dinner,just need some input.

Yup. The crank will need to be balabced to you fly wheel and balancer.

any idea what that costs?if i have the balancer and flex plate done does that mean the torque conveter doesnt need balancing?sorry for the ?'s this will be my first build and just trying to get things together and an idea what kind of $ i'm looking at spending

$ Depends on the shop. You'll have to call and find out. Also if they need to use mallory metal to balance the crank its about $50 a slug I think. Could cost anyweres between$250 to $500 I bet.

fastbackcuda said:
$ Depends on the shop. You'll have to call and find out. Also if they need to use mallory metal to balance the crank its about $50 a slug I think. Could cost anyweres between$250 to $500 I bet.

Yup they chaged me $30 so maybe shop around to a couple of shops. Also find one with a good Reputation too.

$225 here at Joes shop. You do know that you will need new pistons to go with that stroker crank if you are going from stock?? If you do that then take everything to be ballanced pistons , rods, flex plate, ballancer and any pullyes you are goin to run. the more the better.

When i had my 440 ballanced he had the clutch, flywheel, crank piston, rings rods and pulleys.

If you dont ballance it your engine life is not to damn lon and it will shake your teeth loose untill it comes apart.

-
Back