Crappy parts store voltage regulators

-
Its probably OK but what needs to be checked is the voltage drop from the alternator to the regulator sense.
And as always, voltage drop needs to be checked while current is flowing in the wires/connections your interested in.

I did the relay mod and it seemed to stabilize my charge at 14.5 volts while cruising, but I did notice at idle in gear about 750 rpm my volt meter is bouncing between 14 and just under 16 volts.

....maybe a lose wire that jiggles when your motor is at idle and thumping along......and then when motor is at a constant acceleration it isn't "idle jiggling" the lose wire???

....maybe a lose wire that jiggles when your motor is at idle and thumping along......and then when motor is at a constant acceleration it isn't "idle jiggling" the lose wire???

That's what I was thinking. The wires that come off the alternator minus the new 8GA charge wire are original.

.....cool.....seems like running a few new wires might help eliminate the possibility of the 50 year old wiring being suspect and having a break/bad connection somewhere is in order.
Does not help that these NEW parts from parts stores are half junk from the word go nowadays either.

-
Back