Crazy 4banger Street/Strip guy joined!

-

ReevesRacing

Reaction score

Hi guys!

I’m new to the A body scene. This seems to be a great forum to be a part of! Thank you!

Last year I purchased a 1974 Plymouth Duster Slant 6car. My plans are to make it anotherstreet/strip rod in my collection. It’snot in the best of shape, but it does run great, and currently runs a 19.99 ¼ instock trim and a 19.68 with exhaust and breather off. LOL.

My plans are to make myself another car that can contend inHot Rod Drag Week and other events. Oh,by the way, don’t hate me too much….but I’m pulling out the Slant 6 to put in a2.5L turbo motor J

So far I have collected most of what I need to put on a 70-72style grill/hood/bumper. In the next few months I’m going to be purchasing a70-72 style hood and front bumper (suggestions?). I will be fabricating my own lightweightfront and rear bumper mounts.

I’m currently looking for a tube k frame with manual rackand pinion steering in another thread. The front end of this thing is wore out.

I purchased a 9” Ford rearend that came with half a truck,so I pretty much have no money in it after I scrap the truck.

A friend gave me a working small block 904 that I’ll berebuilding myself (time pending) or getting a pro to do it for me.

Another friend is working on the adapter plate from2.2L/2.5L to 904. He currently makes a2.0L/2.4L but not a 2.2L/2.5L

I’ll also be pulling the Slant 6 last and will be selling itand the trans. It will probably be awhile though, as I plant to keep it a running/moving car while fixing/upgradingother areas.

That’s my introduction!!!! Thanks guys! Look forward toreading up on this Forum!

Hi guys!

I’m new to the A body scene. This seems to be a great forum to be a part of! Thank you!

Last year I purchased a 1974 Plymouth Duster Slant 6car. My plans are to make it anotherstreet/strip rod in my collection. It’snot in the best of shape, but it does run great, and currently runs a 19.99 ¼ instock trim and a 19.68 with exhaust and breather off. LOL.

My plans are to make myself another car that can contend inHot Rod Drag Week and other events. Oh,by the way, don’t hate me too much….but I’m pulling out the Slant 6 to put in a2.5L turbo motor J

So far I have collected most of what I need to put on a 70-72style grill/hood/bumper. In the next few months I’m going to be purchasing a70-72 style hood and front bumper (suggestions?). I will be fabricating my own lightweightfront and rear bumper mounts.

I’m currently looking for a tube k frame with manual rackand pinion steering in another thread. The front end of this thing is wore out.

I purchased a 9” Ford rearend that came with half a truck,so I pretty much have no money in it after I scrap the truck.

A friend gave me a working small block 904 that I’ll berebuilding myself (time pending) or getting a pro to do it for me.

Another friend is working on the adapter plate from2.2L/2.5L to 904. He currently makes a2.0L/2.4L but not a 2.2L/2.5L

I’ll also be pulling the Slant 6 last and will be selling itand the trans. It will probably be awhile though, as I plant to keep it a running/moving car while fixing/upgradingother areas.

That’s my introduction!!!! Thanks guys! Look forward toreading up on this Forum!

Hi James!

Welcome to A Bodies.

Do you know this car:D

Attachments

• DSCF4682 (Medium).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 107
Welcome to the site . I've got family in Kentucky . Sounds like an interesting build , you'll have to start a build thread and keep us posted on how it's going and how it turns out .

Welcome to FABO, Looks like a great project you have going and I'd love to see the progress and some pics when you can!
There is another guy on here that did just what you are doing as well. I couldn't find the post for ya though.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Aboard!

Thanks guys!

Hi James!

Welcome to A Bodies.

Do you know this car:D

Hey Tony! Long time no see!

Yes, I know that car very well. LOL. A 9.99 out of that car is still on my list of things to do before I go full on with this Duster.

Welcome to the site . I've got family in Kentucky . Sounds like an interesting build , you'll have to start a build thread and keep us posted on how it's going and how it turns out .

Great idea on the build thread! I’ll start one at lunch today if I can find the time. My new job (been here 3 years now) keeps me way too busy and I find it hard to keep up with the internet anymore. Where is your family in Kentucky?

Welcome to FABO, Looks like a great project you have going and I'd love to see the progress and some pics when you can!
There is another guy on here that did just what you are doing as well. I couldn't find the post for ya though.

Really? Cool! I’ll have to see if I can find him. I do remember seeing a video once of an A-body doing a burnout at a car show that I think had a newer 2.4 liter turbo motor.

Great idea on the build thread! I’ll start one at lunch today if I can find the time. My new job (been here 3 years now) keeps me way too busy and I find it hard to keep up with the internet anymore. Where is your family in Kentucky?
In a little town called Maysville . It's up along the Ohio border . We haven't been down there in a few years and I gotta tell yah I definitely miss it there .

-
Back