crimestory

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Anybody ever get into a tv series called crimestory from the mid 80s ? I loved this show and it was only on 2 seasons. The cars in it were pretty freakin awesome. Takes place in las vegas early 1960s pre beatles.

If i can find copies on dvd of both seasons i want them.

Matt

Best TV series ever, period! I use to rush home from the track on Wednesday nights to catch it. Can't watch just an episode or two to get the feel for it. It's one of those shows that started off as a dead straight TV drama, and evolved into something totally over the top. I need to find that one on DVD and burn down a a day watching it back to back.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Crime-Story-The-Complete-Series/dp/B005FQ2HBO"]Amazon.com: Crime Story: The Complete Series: Dennis Farina, David Caruso, Stephen Lang, Bill Campbell, Ted Levine, Darlanne Fluegel, Joseph Wiseman, Julia Roberts, Kevin Spacey, Stanley Tucci, David Hyde Pierce, Pam Grier, Abel Ferrara: Movies & TV[/ame]

All you guys have to do is go to AMAZON, or use GOOGLE.

I liked the series back in it's day, too.

The opening intro ,with Dion's music.The picture filmed across the Imperial decklid,and the reflection off the black.Leaves me breathless. Farina kicked ***.

Loved the Chrysler 300 convert that Dennis Farina drove. He was a great actor too.

I too love that series. The cars, the characters, the sets, soooo cool! :prayer:

I actually rented it a few years ago and watched them all again. FUNNY STORY? When I watched it originally, we had a small b&w tv, (don't ask) and when I rented it, I was like, wow, this is in color!:wack: (Guess you had to be there) :)

The opening intro ,with Dion's music.The picture filmed across the Imperial decklid,and the reflection off the black.Leaves me breathless. Farina kicked ***.

Did they do more than one opening? The one I remember had Del Shannon's "Runaway" as the opening music.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Is5ofSHZWTM[/ame]

Great show!
From Del Shannon's theme music "Runaway" to the plot line it was one of the better shows in the last 30 years.
Sadly, Dennis Farina died this year.

That was a great show..I owned one of the cars from that show. It was a 56 Desoto Firedome..the bottom passenger side quarter panal had the crime story lettering on it. I tried to contact Dennis Farina to get a part of the car signed but never made it passed his agent.

Attachments

• mopar004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 157
Great show!
From Del Shannon's theme music "Runaway" to the plot line it was one of the better shows in the last 30 years.
Sadly, Dennis Farina died this year.

Yep it sucks that he died. He was def type cast either as a gangster or cop. Anybody remember midnight run with robert dinero, charles groden, and dennis farina. I got this one on dvd. What a funny movie.

That was a great show..I owned one of the cars from that show. It was a 56 Desoto Firedome..the bottom passenger side quarter panal had the crime story lettering on it. I tried to contact Dennis Farina to get a part of the car signed but never made it passed his agent.

Thats a cool desoto. Even cooler since its from the show.The 2 seasons are in one 25th anniversary dvd pack. 9 discs 2 seasons. Evilbay $21 free shipping. I may try to see if they have em local at Hastings. If not i will prob buy these off evilbay.

Matt

I also got this weird fascination with the salton sea as well. To think that in the 50s this place was hopping, and was like a playground for the rich. The rat pack used to go there, desi arnaz, dean martin, and others. In a very short time it went to hell in a handbasket. Wow what it must have been to hang out at the salton bay yacht club, all those cool boats, and the neat old 50s cars in the parking lot, the music the optimism people felt back then. I wasnt born till 1968, but i can imagine it from old pix on faded post cards of what it used to look like .

Yep it sucks that he died. He was def type cast either as a gangster or cop. Anybody remember midnight run with robert dinero, charles groden, and dennis farina. I got this one on dvd. What a funny movie.

I always wanted to watch Midnight Run and count the number of times De Niro said f**k.

If I remember right, Denis Farina actually was a cop before he became an actor. I think he was one of those guys that was hired as a technical adviser for cop shows and such, and they decided that he could do the job better than whoever he was advising, and the rest was history. Actually, I think that's how R. Lee Ermey got his start, too.

Edit: Personally, I think my favorite Denis Farina role was in Get Shorty.

Did they do more than one opening? The one I remember had Del Shannon's "Runaway" as the opening music.

http://youtu.be/Is5ofSHZWTM

Del Shannon rewrote the lyrics to "Runaway" and produced a new recording just for Crime Story. Here's the original recording from 1961:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkZV-XDqGo"]Del Shannon-Runaway (1961) - YouTube[/ame]

If I remember right, Denis Farina actually was a cop before he became an actor. I think he was one of those guys that was hired as a technical adviser for cop shows and such, and they decided that he could do the job better than whoever he was advising, and the rest was history. Actually, I think that's how R. Lee Ermey got his start, too.

Edit: Personally, I think my favorite Denis Farina role was in Get Shorty.

Actually R. Lee Ermey was a real Marine drill sergeant, and i believe his first on screen role was full metal jacket.

My apologies on the misinformation.,my hiccup. Still,a great song,one of my favorites stuck in my head.

Actually R. Lee Ermey was a real Marine drill sergeant, and i believe his first on screen role was full metal jacket.

That's what I meant. Because he was a Marine drill sergeant, he was hired as a technical adviser for the movie to help the actor they had originally hired to play the drill instructor in the movie. The producers quickly realized that there was no way their actor was going to be better than R. Lee Ermey already was, so they fired the actor and hired Ermey to play the roll.

I just ordered this from amazon based on all your recommendations (along with the last season of Rockford Files which was the only season I didn't already own!).

I tried to contact Dennis Farina to get a part of the car signed but never made it passed his agent.

That's funny, we just picked up a 73 Mercury Comet for the wife (it's what SHE wanted) lol, it was in the movie Kill the Irishman. We have tried to contact the two actors to no avail.

Attachments

• movie pic2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 108
-
Back