Crohn's disease

-

Sharko

Sharko
Reaction score
I'm finally feeling good enough to get back to work on the Cuda after a couple months of being sick and unable to do much of anything. I can finally start on my new floor pans. It really sucks being disabled and unable to do the things you want to do. Hopefully I can get alot done this summer and stay healthy long enough to get most my metal work done.

Welcome back Sharko, I feel for you. God took my cousin and good friend after a 30+ year battle with crohn's. I wish you nothing but good luck and godspeed in pursuit of your ambitions. Live for today! Keep us posted on your progress of both you and the Cuda.

Glad you're feeling better! Crohn's is a mystery, very hard to know how to keep it at bay, and hard for others to know what it's like. Stress is not good for it as you know but good luck avoiding stress these days! I got the Crohn's in my early teens, it was painful and debilitating and I stopped growing. I can easily fit in an a-body, even the back seat lol! Throughout my adulthood it became manageable and I try not to think about it. A long day at work wipes me out. Positive thinking seems to help. Hope yours stays under control.

Gotta love a '65 Barracuda, looks like you have a twin to my Goldie:love7:

In my situation, I've found that a 6 ounce yogurt a day (usually in the evening) definitely helps me to manage the problem.....Absolutely no doubt. It's worked much better than anything the doctors recommended.

Probably not for everyone, but it is for me.

I feel for ya'........ Hang in there.

Welcome back and I'm glad to see you are working on your car.

My wife also is dealing with Crohn's. She spent most of the summer last year in the hospital. While I don't know your pain, I understand where you are coming from. Have you ever heard of the website, www.butyoudontlooksick.com ? It is an amazing support site for people suffering from ailments that aren't readily apparent just by looking at you. My wife has gotten a lot of help from the people there. You should check it out when you can.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys its always nice to here. I also was diagnosed in my teens when I was 17, and been on disability since I was 20 from my severe case of crohn's. I also have had good luck with the yogurt with live active cultures and different meds of course. But I'm just happy to be here and feeling better again with the best project in the world in my garage. A-BODY MOPAR baby. Thanks again everyone for a little sympathy and I wish the best for ya'll.
Shannon

-
Back