Cruise night cancelled, too many dumbass's

-
Sucks! Some people just don't understand how have a good time and still be social. Too bad there are so many people that feel the need to draw attention to themselves like theirs is the only car that can do a burnout.

It never fails, the few idiots are aways ready to ruin a good thing for the many.

Jeff

Last year I could only handle it for a couple hours and then I headed for home. Too many choppers with no exhaust revving and breaking eardrums, too many non vintage, classic cars cruising, too many people in general. The cruise would become more like a parking lot at times.

Petition the city to establish an ordinance that any car that participates in any unsanctioned burnout, exhibition of speed be pulled over, vehicle impounded for 30 days, driver faces charges and if convicted the driver is deemed a public nusince, and a safety hazard the vehicle auctioned off with proceeds going to MADD.

Although I agree with no full fledged burnouts, I don't see any problem with leaving a set of 5 foot black marks. From experience I have seen that the spectators want to see a little rubber but full fledged burnouts and staying in it for 10 seconds is a no-no everywhere people are present. I get the impression from the article that there was a lot more going on than burnouts though. Our local big show, "Atlantic Nats" got a little on the wild side last year and this year it was obvious that the cops and organizers took notice. There was a very big police presence this year and they were writing tickets on cruise night. There is a fine line between giving the people what they want and going overboard though.

Jack

We have a weekly Cruise in, at a local mini Mart / Gas Station. -- A couple years ago, a asshxxx did a burn out, at the gas pumps. Needless to say The Owner was very upset. We are lucky that He didn't shut Us down. -- Since then The car Owners police that kind of behavior. -- Do Your burn outs in a safe place, and be considerate of the home owners in the area.

Club failed miserably and sounds as though they wanted out of the arrangement with the city.

Simple deal... put right on any posters/flyers... Roll coal, get a ticket. Even with a parade permit I'd bet the permit holder can place conditions that participants need to adhere too.

BnB Dumass.jpg

Yeah that sucks for sure.

There's a cruise in here in Escondido called Cruisin Grand that has been going for years. No idiots. No show offs. The occasional rev here and there are common, but nothing to piss off the police (which are around every corner).

It's a shame when a few idiots results in you guys not being able to have nice things.

Less is more. Too many people anywhere become a problem.

Not preaching, just using Sunday meetings as an example. I found a church that had about 15 persons show up for services on Sunday. I found this worship more intimate the way it should have been, superior to the Sundays as a kid where I was lost in a crowd of hundreds.

"ColoRODans" now have a chance to have more frequent, smaller meetings and should find them more enjoyable than the overblown cancelled affair.

Last edited:
Charge $100 per vehicle. ...that would weed out the jerks.....

Jeff
does the fee cover a burnout and open headers. and maybe a back road 1/4 mile run.
the youth and their immature parents of today have ruined a past time. they could not protect and preserve our right to assemble and have a good time.
a good time includes short burnouts and short blasts, even a wheelstand.
yuppies should stay home

Club failed miserably and sounds as though they wanted out of the arrangement with the city.

Simple deal... put right on any posters/flyers... Roll coal, get a ticket. Even with a parade permit I'd bet the permit holder can place conditions that participants need to adhere too.
Don't see how the club failed. They sponsor it, meaning the deal with the city to allow for the cruising. The other 363 days a year cruising is not allowed. But this cruise draws everyone within 50 miles that has a cool car. It's not a closed area, its public streets so no way to charge admission as some suggested. It's not the Coloradans members who are behaving badly, it's everyone else that just shows up.
I think the club just no longer wants the liability or the bad press from associating with the morons that show up.

Last edited:
That's it. Punish everybody. Why not just punish the offenders and set the tone right away. And be done with the idiots.

The link in the 1st post is from 2016....

I would hope the club has figured a way to curb that stuff by now & continued with the event?

I know when alot of us that owned srts either the neons, caliber or chargers challengers would have a meet up grab food, shoot the **** and look at everyones cars, but as soon as all the honda dumbasses started showing up and revving and burnouts, we would all leave and go else where and some asked why and we told them the truth most of them are dumbasses and ruining meets, so we left before the cops were called and sure enough, they went to where all the hondas were.

Around here public gathers can number quite larger. One normal spot can gather about 2500+ cars every Friday night. The general public attending show car owners as well as the spectators will be vocal on dumb *** chit really quick.

Once your on the Hwy., your on your own. Get pulled over within view, the crowd cheers and jeers with LOUD comments. Like "Ticket that prick!" And the cop complies. The crowd loves it.

The link in the 1st post is from 2016....

I would hope the club has figured a way to curb that stuff by now & continued with the event?
I've been watching for the announcements for the cruise this year and have not seen anything. That's when i got on line and found the article.

The car club could do it again with Reggie forms and only allowing those that registered attend "The Parade" with other car being subject to stupidly super close scrutiny by the police. Ticketed and if need be, jailed by the police for minor infractions for "The good of public safety" or other "Keeping the peace, nuisance, reckless etc... " issues.

In other words, by invite only under risk of a really bad end of year event for you. Behave like an adult, get treated like an adult. Act like an ***, get treated like an ***.

We had a similar problem over 10 years ago here. There was a "street machine weekend". Everyone cruised up and down our local "strip". Lots of burnouts. Revving engines. Little races through the lights. Cops were handing out hundreds of tickets. Stunting. Dangerous driving. Etc etc. But I rarely recall there being any accidents of any kind. And I don't recall any serious accidents at all. In all honesty, the strip was SO packed you couldn't really get into trouble beyond a burnout. There was no room to get any kind of crazy speed. It was bumper to bumper for hours on end. But every year the police complained about how many tickets they hand out. How dangerous it was. How uncontrolled it was.

Eventually after pressure from the police/city the car club decided to do a "controlled" cruise. They blocked off a portion of the strip. You had to register. You could cruise your car up and down it. But there were rules. First it was no standing burnouts. Then no burnouts/tire spin of any kind. Then no revving your engine. Then it was no smoke from your diesel. Then no diesels at all. One year allows bikes, the next doesn't. So now it's just a bunch of cars, idling up and down the strip. When I went last year, I saw one guy rev his engine and squawk the tires a little. They immediately kicked him off. He was smiling, he obviously didn't give a **** and had enough of the rules.

The controlled cruise is nice but boring. It's a lot of the same cars. They allow a lot of newer model cars. So many new challengers, mustangs and camaros. And I get that they are nice cars. But I'm out to see the classics and interesting cars. One year they turned away a guy with an all original 71 GTX air grabber. I mean original paint even. But they let in a ton of newer stuff. So their thinking seems weird to me. It's mostly either new 60k+ muscle cars, or 100k+ restored muscle cars. Most of the cars I see in the cruise I hardly see any other time of the year. And certainly not daily driving like myself. Which is fine. I get that guys that have dumped that much money into their vehicle wanna keep it safe. But watching cars idle by just isn't really my style I guess. And they have so many restrictions on cars. And turn away so many cool cars.

And the cruise itself? Hasn't really cut down on the tickets or problems. People still cruise up and down the other half of the strip. Where they still do burnouts, rev their engines, gun it at the light. Etc etc. And cops still hand out tickets. Over 200 this year. And there was a minor accident. So the controlled cruise hasn't really "helped" that situation. Just as many people line the old strip as the new controlled cruise part. And when the controlled cruise is over, a lot of them head right onto the old strip anyways.

-
Back