cruisin around the bay area

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
well my car has been registered and insured,so me and my buddy drove it around all day today.we laft at 9:30 this morning got home at 5:30 tonite.we cuised from llivermore to hayward to beakley and then down international blvd(east 14th st)from fruitvale to a st in hayward.buzzing down the freeway at 3800 is about 65 mph.engine and trans work great .the engine dont care if it's going 2500rpm or 4000 water temp never changes.i went ten miles running at 4000 and it was smooth as silk.i am gonna change the gears to 391 .love the 456s in town,had a couple guys try to launch on me and there was no way it hops out of te hole big time!hopefully the 391s will be just a little better on the highway.if your doing the stop and go in traffic thing the fuel pump starts buzzing louder,i'm adding abypass regulator so itwont do that.gonna go to the track at least one time with the 456s though,gotta see what it runs....

it goes over the rearend and i do have 2 mufflers on each side...the fuel pump buzzing in traffic is worse for me...

haha, yeah i guess that does make a difference.( :banghead: @ my aar style exhaust)

Are you using a holley type fuel pump? Those things are so noisy, my summit pump(supposedly made by holley) was noisier than the exhaust at any rpm. If i ever went back to carb, i'd run an efi pump like i have now. My walboro is so quiet.

haha, yeah i guess that does make a difference.( :banghead: @ my aar style exhaust)

Are you using a holley type fuel pump? Those things are so noisy, my summit pump(supposedly made by holley) was noisier than the exhaust at any rpm. If i ever went back to carb, i'd run an efi pump like i have now. My walboro is so quiet.
i'm using a summit billet pump.it is noisy with the deadhead setup.the regulater for the nitrous system is getting a bypass setup and it will be quieter then.i have 1/2 inch fuel line and that sound just gets magnified by that pump.might have to try a walbro pump and a efi regulater....

Attachments

• Img_130918105128(2).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 110
When are you taking it to the track? I wanna see what that thing can do with 4.56's and spray.

yeah cliff,itwas cool.punked cars everywhere...when they see it they talk sht when i start it to leave they shut up...they dont want none....almost everything exteriorwise on the car is factory stuff.just a couple of things let you know its intent...lol

Attachments

• Img_130927192730.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Img_130918105128(1).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Img_130915135049.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 101
As they say don't let the paint job fool you LOL. Sounds like they all got the message.

-
Back