Cruzin Route 66

-

pagilman

Reaction score
Did any of you guys ever take a road trip on route 66 for any length of time in you mopar? I have been dreaming about taking my duster cross country if at all possible. If you have, please post some pics and tell us a little about your trip. Thanks Walt:read2:

dusted.JPG

Would love to, too bad alot of the places and original roads are wiped out.

I sometimes think I was born 30 years too late, but then again, I would be an old man by now...hmmmm.

It wasnt in a Mopar but I took my son the full length in 2005. We also took paint to paint our names on the Caddys at Cadillac ranch. We had a great time he was 6 and hopefully will remember it forever.

I drive on it all the time just not very far I live in Webb City just north of Joplin MO. There are alot of cool stops in my area just can't drive the dart real far yet. But I still hit a drive inn movie at Carthage MO every summer. There is a cruise night that goes there later this summer I'll get some pics.

http://www.66drivein.com/

Me 2...I would love to do that route someday. I try to stay off the Freeways in SoCal as often as possible, so I can experience Colorado Blvd, Los Feliz, Sunset, etc...Someday, I will do Route 66 in my Dart.

Me and the wife have talked about it and would love to but I'm not sure if I'll ever have the money to get the cuda in shape for a 4000+ miles trip. We only live 3 miles off of 66 about 300 miles south of where it starts so I drive a part of it every now and then. Back in 1980 when I got my license we had a 1/4 mile marked off on it for racing on a nice flat stretch that you could see for miles. I bet I raced at least 500 races on it. Sometimes there'd be 20 cars of people out there watching. Man have things changed.

one of my dreams for when the Duster is back on the road and I'm done with school is to drive to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus via freeway, and cruise back home to Southern Cali via route 66 stopping to eat only at little hokey diners, sleeping only in hokey little hotels, and stopping at every wierd and kwirky little roadside attraction

-
Back