CSR Trans Shield

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I have this trans shield and was wondering about fitment in my Demon. Small block with 727. I have read that for A-Bodys with bigblock/727 that guys have had to massage the tunnel somewhat, so I was curious if similar issues with the smallblock combo. And they also mentioned installing engine/trans together made life easier. So if anyone has insight on this please let me know. Cheers.....Rod

I have them on 904s in a 71 Dart and 71 Demon...and they are a tight fit...

Can I ask why a 727 over the 904? When a 904 can be built to be just as strong as a 727 but will allow you to put more power to the ground.
That or if you don't mind a GM tranny in your Demon, why not the 200R4 and gain an O/D gear. Just do a search for Mopar To Ya's thread about his install.

I went the built 904 route before, and will again after I probably blow up this TCI 727. I went with an OOTB trans to make my life easy or at least that was the plan untill I heard all the problems people have had with TCI. With doing a full resto from a shell I wanted to make life easier since i was already looking for every nut, bolt and repop piece I could find. One less item I had to deal with over a bunch of parts sounded good to me. Still had to put a full manual valvebody in and I will cross my fingers she holds together. Its only a street car so losing a few ponies to the ground is no biggee. The shield is some piece of mind that I was still have my feet if she lets go.

-
Back