Cuda Capers: 10-20-07

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I had a quick, easy day yesterday as I have a busy weekend and managed to only squeeze in a few hours at the garage. Yesterday we installed the fuel tank, filler neck, and fuel cap. I know.... nothing worth getting excited about. But at least it was some progress....

Barracuda499-vi.jpg

First I matted the floor-side of the tank to insulate it from rubbing against the trunk pan.
Barracuda504-vi.jpg

NEVER yawn while spraying undercoating over your head while laying on your back...... It tastes horrible!
Barracuda517-vi.jpg

I sprayed the tank with a hammer-tone outdoor paint made by Krylon. Me like....
Barracuda516-vi.jpg

I keep putting it off and putting it off.... but I MUST clean and detail that rear axle assembly. It looks like crap....
Barracuda521-vi.jpg

Once eveything was installed it all looks good, being not too noticable from behind with no ground clearance issues.

And that's it for this weekend. I leave in about an hour for a quick weekend get-away with Amy until Monday. Wish me luck... Atlantic City here we come!:thumrigh:

Have a good day gang!

Tell me about the undercoating you used.

That rear axle can wait. No big deal.

Nice job !!! Me like too.=D>
Hammered color ah!! :thumrigh:

Is that a custom tank? and does it have a float and sending unit?
You had that area covered with the insulator.
Atlantic City!!! I better call and let them know you are on your way.
Enjoy.:rock:

The tank was a standard reproduction piece from Quatum I bought on-line. The sump I bought from Jegs and had installed by Island Auto Radiator in Deer Park, N.Y. I then painted the tank with Krylon Black hammer tone outdoor paint. This stuff is meant for metal patio furniture, so hopefully it'll hold up for a while. The stock straps were cleaned and painted with Black epoxy paint. New J bolts with locking nuts and, of course, those neat little plastic thread caps. I still have to pick up the correct drain plug and -8 fitting for the fuel lines. The system will be -8 from the tank to the filter and pump, then -6 from the pump to the carbs. It also has a stock pick-up / sending unit. The undercoating I used was Permatex to touch-up bare spots. And as for the snow, let it come. I'm in the process of figuring out how to seal up the garage a bit better and installing a space heater. I want to hear this run BEFORE the winter deep-freeze comes.

But the more I look at the rear end, the more it bothers me. I have to clean that up soon. It bothers me.... really.

-
Back