Cuda Capers: 6-28-08

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm a knob.... and there's no denying it. I get to the house this morning and try to carry one thing too many into the yard. Out of the box slides my brand new stainless steel radiator overflow recovery tank. And it lands right on the beautiful smooth cap, which is now shot to hell. Nice big scrape in it. I can't win.... This is the second item to get dicked-up through negligence. This time it was me. If all these posts serve ANY purpose, it should illustrate what NOT to do! Needless to say, Leanne will be getting another call this week.

SANY0007-vi.jpg

Now the good news. I had mentioned a few days ago that Ben (GTXperience) had found a pair of fender splash shields at a swap meet and bought them for me. He remembered me saying I needed a set and sent me an e-mail saying he got them. Awesome Dude! Here's what they looked like after being stripped. Nothing like West Coast sheet metal!
SANY0002-vi.jpg

Here they are after a few coats of Black Epoxy paint. I'm waiting for the rubber gaskets to arrive.
SANY0004-vi.jpg

Bought a coolant recovery tank. I still have to figure out where & how I'm going to mount it....
SANY0005-vi.jpg

I got my radiator back and it no longer sounds like rocks in a box. The shop cleaned it out really good. No loose nuts and twigs in it now!
SANY0008-vi.jpg

Now it's starting to look like it might run soon. I just have to find my coolant hoses, which I "put away" some place safe!
SANY0009-vi.jpg

Tomorrow I tackle a few wiring issues, like my $589 Year 1 dash harness that had 3 terminals un-connected from the bulkhead connector. I have to crawl under there with the shop manual and see which goes where. Plus wire the fuel pump relay and tach. This way once I get home from vacation I can bolt everything back on that's being powder coated and I fire this thing up.

Pray for me....

Hey John, this is the first time I saw the link for your Cuda. I have to say that you have really done an awesome job. Very impressive to say the least. Sorry to hear about the mishap with the coolant recovery tank but it happens to the best of us. Believe me, I know that feeling very well. Take care and keep up the good work.

Hey John, this is the first time I saw the link for your Cuda.....

Thanks! If you do a search for anything tagged Cuda Capers you'll find an on-going string of posts chronicling the assembly of my car, which has been an interesting road traveled. At first I was hoping to drive it last Fall.... then this Spring.... maybe E-town.... DEFINITELY Carlisle..... now I'm back to hoping for Fall.

I'm so used to waiting that I could probably watch grass grow and enjoy the fast pace....

I'm so used to waiting that I could probably watch grass grow and enjoy the fast pace....

you might need to twist up a green one to watch the green ones..............8)

-
Back