`Cuda Capers Returns!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
First off, half of the issues we have been dealing with have been resolved. Unfortunately, it was all the problems I was having with the state, as we still have concerns over my Wife's Father, Brother, and yes... even our old Dog's health. But on the up-side I had a good dose of therapy as I pulled off the car cover, checked her over, and went for a ride today. After an mega-shitty winter, it sure felt good. I went up to my shop and changed the oil & filter while I measured and fitted my sub-frame connectors. I had bought a set of chassis engineering pieces a few years ago. Un-known until recently was that they are for a 111" wheelbase and my `Cuda is 108", soooo.... we started cutting & grinding.

Here's a few shots of the connectors propped in place. I see my buddy next weekend and he's going to weld them in for me. Everything is marked and ready to go after scuffing the frame.

Cuda_Capers_32010006-vi.jpg

After about 15 trips to the grinder and cut-off wheel, we got a nice, tight fit.

Cuda_Capers_32010005-vi.jpg

Yes, I have an oil leak. Looks like the rear main, which should a bastard-par-excellence to get to with the scatter shield & TTI's.....

Cuda_Capers_32010007-vi.jpg

They do hang down a bit, but no worst than the X pipe area.

Cuda_Capers_32010001-vi.jpg

Next weekend I get them welded in
(I'll show the connectors being welded in) and then I'll paint them. More to come as I have a few projects in the wings. For what it's worth, pictures are always a good thing. :-D

Boy-oh-boy.... did it feel good to pull a few power shifts after changing the oil and going over her. Now she needs a thorough cleaning!

Fin_Off026-vi.jpg

LOVE the exhaust........Want to put an X on my little beasty pretty soon.......your whole system looks sweet..........:toothy10:

Your going to see a chapter with those Flowmasters going bye-bye.... I've had it with those noise makers. My damn car sounds like every 5.0 Mustang on the planet. Dynomax super turbo's are on the shopping list.

And yes, I almost forgot how freakin cool that car is to cruise in. Today is an absolutely beautiful day (mid-70's/sunshine/modest breeze...kind of like every day in San Diego....) and I didn't have a care in the world as I pulled gears.

More Capers to follow....
8)

nice car man!!!!!! i like my flowmaster single chambers, i like the sound it makes at 6200 rpm!!!!!!

like the color, and the wheels, and the exhaust, O.K. I like the whole dam car!

:cheers: Cuda Capers :cheers:

When you swing out east, you can see my nightmare of what could go under the same title.

:cheers: Cuda Capers :cheers:

When you swing out east, you can see my nightmare of what could go under the same title.

My Buddy Tom wants to swap me his freshly re-built 3:55 SG pumpkin for my old nasty 4:10's for his Duster..... Looks like I'll be doing some long distance cruising this summer.

Fire up the grill.... we'll bring the sausage
:-D

Thank you John :cheers:
I can feel your happiness from all the way down here :-D
I remember in another thread you said you are going to change the Mufflers out :read2:
I guess I always figured you had frame connectors on with that power plant you have 8) But I was wrong, You did a great job fitting them in and getting them ready to be welded in :cheers:
Here in Arkansas it's good to have them hanging down like you have them, it save's your rockers from any damage :happy10:

So glad you got out and had a good day away from your other things you have going on

Glad to hear your getting the frame tied,you will notice the stiffness when doing your power-shifts!:rambo::burnout:

Man-oh-man. Do I love that Barracuda!!! =P~ :cheers:

How well did your tti headers fit around the z-bar and clutch linkage? I've heard more bad than good. I'd really like to put those headers (or Doug's) under my Demon with an x-pipe system. I'll keep my FlowBastards and try to add some tailpipes.

Good work. Now I just need to cough up $75 for a plate sticker and get the Demon out. :burnout:
Keep it shiny-side up bro!!!

Wylde1.

-
Back