cuda fender tag

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
Hey guys, should my fender tag for my 68 cuda be held in place with rivits or screws?

thanks

Two screws... look carefully at your fender tag. You will notice a slight crease in one of the corners where the screw holds it on. That one will be painted body color. The other screw will be bare... Reason? Well, the fender tag was secured down on one corner and bent up so it could get paint on and under the tag. Then it was bent down and secured with the unpainted screw. Hope that helps.

Two screws... look carefully at your fender tag. You will notice a slight crease in one of the corners where the screw holds it on. That one will be painted body color. The other screw will be bare... Reason? Well, the fender tag was secured down on one corner and bent up so it could get paint on and under the tag. Then it was bent down and secured with the unpainted screw. Hope that helps.

good info, now i know!:read2:

Our fender tag on a 68 Barracuda Fastback was painted engine color and held by two screws. No folds, no bends.

I'm wondering if your tag was replaced or repainted. I don't think I have ever seen one any color then the rest of the car. Interesting!

-
Back