Cuda is MISSING.....?

-
i know its no help but i went through the same thing with my car. What was supposed to be a 3 day transit time turned into almost 2 weeks. I got the same run around as you. (the driver will call, the yard its at is closed , etc.) thew only thing that worked for me is they were keeping me updated as to where the car was so i told the owner of the carrier service that i will call the local police in the area and tell them my car has been stolen. I had all paperwork and they didnt have anything. the car showed up the next day.
It was very frustrating and turned what should have been an awesome experiance into nothing of the sort.
The only thing i can tell yu for sure is you will forget all of this as soon as you get your car.

A member sent me a PM about this Thread .....

Ironically I am in Casper, WY right now.

Anyway, the frustration expressed on this Thread with
bulk low dollar transport is common on many Threads
on many car forums.

I can tell you I have no cell phone service once I leave
eastern South Dakota all the way thru Wyoming until
I get to Salt Lake City, Utah ....

I do custom door to door transport

But it takes time to put together connecting loads so
unloaded mileage charges are minimized.

Some people don't like to wait ......

I post my available route(s) on the FABO Transport Network:

@ http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=45526

Check Page 9 for my latest availability,

Jim

T69Barracuda.jpg

I will never use a company or broker again that subs out the hauling. I was jacked for money (price went up 3 times) and it took over six weeks to get a car from CA to MD. The best advice I could give some one is hire a company that owns their own trucks and trailers. That is the only way they have a vested interest in getting you your car. The brokers make their money when you pay the deposit so they really don’t care after that point. After they collect the deposit they basically sell the “transport” of your car to the lowest bidder so they might make a few more bucks. They can even sell it to several haulers which means your car may be stored in a yard or two while the haulers are between pick ups. I even paid for the best package that was supposed to get me the car in less than ten days. And good luck in getting a straight story. I was told every state of art truck had GPS tracking and the car was under cover..load of crap. When the car arriver on the POS truck and broken trailer had leaked hydraulic fluid all over the side of the car and the road grime and dust were stuck to the oil slick. The meat head driver left the DS window down so the inside way covered too. I tried to fight for a full refund but when you read all the fine print they are covered in every way. They offered to give me a $100 credit on my next haul.
I hope it all works out for you and you car arrives soon.
Wayne

Well, we'll start the new day I guess........

I was assured by the hauling company in NY that the car was scheduled for a "Tuesday" delivery, and that the driver would call Monday evening to discuss the details. (remember they blamed the driver for giving us a false date of last Friday or Saturday.....easy to blame I guess.....yet they themselves didn't tell us anything.....we had to call them and rattle their cage when the car didn't show up....they had no intention of calling us apparently).

No call last night.....again.....like a skipping record.......We'll see what shakes this morning. :clock:

..my Vauxhall was almost 3 weeks late coming from Alberta to Nova Scotia..It was a highly recommended company..

That was with a bunch of calls..

They seem to be always i the apology mode...I think if they were up front, no one would use them..

They wait for full trucks before they leave the pound.

Good luck..you could report it was stolen..I suspect you get an accurate response from them..
Ian.

Get this fish to brother Tom today!!!!!
better yet, Call Tom and let him know where the truck is.......
If it's in Florida call him, coffee time is about over so get off the pot and do your job!!!!! :angry7:

rant over :angry7:

Sorry Tom, My bones are killing me this morning and I wanted to get this off my shoulder's brother.

11.jpg

I would have put the car on autotrain and delivered it for you and it would have just cost you an airline ticket for me to get back to MD.

there is a post on BBD somewhere of somebodies shipping nightmare. from what i remember, the transport truck was 10 blocks from the destination and had a minor accident, if you want to call flipping the loaded trailer on its side a minor accident.....these companies are supposed to be shipping our dreams, instead they are creating nightmares.....

Tanks' Ink.........You is makin' me' day ! :toothy10:
just trying to help.....:toothy10::toothy10: i can still remember the look on my ex-neighbors face when he came home from his 2 week vacation to find that car still waiting to be picked up....

As much as I hate them, sometimes lawyers can be a help. It's amazing what can happen when an attorney begins calling to "light a fire".

More importantly, if you are victim of wrongdoing, the sooner you take action to protect yourself, the better your chances of remedy.

Well, it's now 11:00 AM on the current (and thirdly stated) "day of delivery".............And again, thus far, it's a "No Call, No Show".

I just e-mailed the Brokers Office.......here's the copy:

Mario,

Alecia informed me yesterday that I'd receive a call from the driver last night to arrange for delivery today........Again, as usual, no call from the driver.

I've lost countless hours from waiting due to the faulty information given me thus far. I'm asking YOU, as the Broker I hired, to PLEASE locate my car and give me some information concerning the delivery. If the car is sitting in a holding yard, I'd like to know.......If the driver is waiting for another car or is diverted to another pick-up, I'd like to know.

This is pretty simple......I'm only asking for some accurate information so I'm not just sitting here waiting for calls that don't come.

PLEASE............. Dr. Marino

I'm just'a sittin' and'a waitin'.........and'a waitin'...........:clock:

Hopefully you will know something soon.
You never know maybe the 2 little thugs that got my 69 dart hijacked your car. See racers forum (Stolen Car Alert) Just trying to lighten things up a bit. LOL LOL

After sending that last e-mail, I received an immediate response from the Broker stating he would check to see what was up.....(he should have done that without being asked again......)

I received an immediate phone call from the Hauler in NY stating what I reiterate in the following e-mail that I just sent to the Broker:

Alecia just called me (after I e-mailed you yet again and requested information) and said the "owner" of the company (you?....don't know to whom she refers) is in Jacksonville, and will be in my area tonight.........She also told me that the car was at a "lot" located in Orlando ( ??), and that I'd be receiving a call "tonight" concerning the delivery.

I just want to reiterate here that if my car had taken 2 weeks to get here, it wouldn't have been an issue.......The issue is and has been that no one, not the driver, the Hauler or the Broker bothered to tell the owner of the classic car where it was until they started making calls on their own.........That's the issue.

I hope the information I received today will turn out to be accurate.

Thanks...... Dr. Marino

SO, the car has been sitting in a stinking holding yard all this time, and all they continued to do was give me a runaround. Really professional.

They say the "owner" (now, the "driver") will call tonight.........Again, I sit and wait......:clock:

Hopefully you will know something soon.
You never know maybe the 2 little thugs that got my 69 dart hijacked your car. See racers forum (Stolen Car Alert) Just trying to lighten things up a bit. LOL LOL
the 2 little thugs must get around a bit:toothy10::toothy10:...is a phone call really that difficult to make? it is amazing how some companies forget how damaging word of mouth can be......

I know a guy up here that does impeccable transport, mainly exotics but will also do classics.
One vehicle at a time transported in an enclosed car hauler.

That is the way to go, one way, one car, one driver, always on time.
The guy even has a satellite phone in case he is in bumphuked egypt.

I'd be concerned too, sounds like they make a habit out of this crap.

I'll bet you were even kinda pissed that your car was hanging out of the back, lower portion of the trailer too, just waiting for some idiot not paying attention to cream the rear of your car, but you didn't say anything cause you knew you would probably offend the driver.
That right there alone would have had me biting my fingernails from the start.

Hope she comes back in one piece, just a little late.

I'll bet you were even kinda pissed that your car was hanging out of the back, lower portion of the trailer too, just waiting for some idiot not paying attention to cream the rear of your car, but you didn't say anything cause you knew you would probably offend the driver.
That right there alone would have had me biting my fingernails from the start.

Hope she comes back in one piece, just a little late.

Those were my thoughts too......Always as a kid put dibs on the top bunk!! Wouldnt want something happen and the top load come down!!
I know this isnt helping you any, but at least you now know where your car is!!

Well, at least I know where they "say" my car is........So far, their information hasn't been very dependable.

Here's a new e-mail response from Mario, the Broker at Z-Best in Florida:

Thank you Tom.I assure you the driver is doing everything possible to get the vehicle to you as we are not in the business of trying to hold up the delivery.I will apologize for the driver at this time,im sure there is a good reason for the delay.Again i asked the driver and Alesia to contact you immediately should there be any problem.Thank you Mario

Another delay imminent? We shall see...... :clock:

As far as Im concerned you should get your lawyer to call them. Im pretty sure it would wake the friggin little prick up..

-
Back