Cuda mini tub rim and tire size?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
What rim width and backspace are you guys running on your mini tubbed 67-69 Barracudas? Also what size tire are you running with your rims? Post pics if you have them.

Anyone know of a regular radial tire bigger than a 295x15.I don't know if I want to go to a drag radial because I plan on driving the car alot and because of rain.

Jim

Are you stuck in a 15" rim mind set? 16"+ is where all the good performance tires are at.

Hoosier and Mickey Thompson both make pro-street sized radial tires and I'm sure there are others. As far as mini tubs go, I've got a '68 with mini tubs running 15x10's with 4" backspace and 28x11-15 slicks. I absolutely hate the Centerline Autodrags that are on the car ( got it with them on it) and when i measured for my new Strange S60, I noticed I could probably get another half inch under the car, so I'm going to be changing over to a 4.5" backspace and keep around the same size drag radial. I'm not going with a bigger tire because what's on there just kisses the inside of the rear fender. Here's a pic.

attachment.php

Here's a shot of the new S60.
attachment.php

-
Back