Curiosity,How rare is a 64 Barracuda White/Gold?

-

Barracuda64

Reaction score
Maybe some of you FABO Guru's can help me out here.

I can't seem to find out how many 1964 Barracuda's came in White with the Gold trim package with a 273/Pushbutton????

Everywhere I look around lately, its seems that 1965 White/Gold's are on the rare side, or is it "you can't believe everything you read" lol. From what I have read they only made less than maybe 300 production 65 white/gold if that. Ever so often I find people looking, posting and wanting to buy just for the 65 white/gold.

The sequence number on my vin is 705673. I already know what the V442 stands for at the beginning.

Fender Tag:
TRM P5Y=Gold
PNT is WWA= White, Ivory White, Creamed Color White, what color white? Mine doesn't like to be just white inside the engine compartment or on the body.
SO NUMBER 0610 3272

2007_11_03_barracuda_04.jpg

Is there anything special about my 64 or was it just a run of the mill, off the line Barracuda? I am trying to put it back all original. Still haven't tried to look for the build sheet yet. But its peaking my interest on finding it now.

Thanks for any help in advance about my curiosity in my 64.
Nope its not For Sale either, with or without putting in 65 taillights to make it look rare lmao.

Maybe some of you FABO Guru's can help me out here.

I can't seem to find out how many 1964 Barracuda's came in White with the Gold trim package with a 273/Pushbutton????

Everywhere I look around lately, its seems that 1965 White/Gold's are on the rare side, or is it "you can't believe everything you read" lol. From what I have read they only made less than maybe 300 production 65 white/gold if that. Ever so often I find people looking, posting and wanting to buy just for the 65 white/gold.

The sequence number on my vin is 705673. I already know what the V442 stands for at the beginning.

Fender Tag:
TRM P5Y=Gold
PNT is WWA= White, Ivory White, Creamed Color White, what color white? Mine doesn't like to be just white inside the engine compartment or on the body.
SO NUMBER 0610 3272

2007_11_03_barracuda_04.jpg

Is there anything special about my 64 or was it just a run of the mill, off the line Barracuda? I am trying to put it back all original. Still haven't tried to look for the build sheet yet. But its peaking my interest on finding it now.

Thanks for any help in advance about my curiosity in my 64.
Nope its not For Sale either, with or without putting in 65 taillights to make it look rare lmao.

I have a Ditzler paint chart- WW-1 is White
My 65 Signet is SS-1 Ivory- like a light beige

My understanding and experience is that gold is a less seen interior- however I have seen many many white cudas......

My 65 Barracuda is gold/gold and the 65 Valiant convertible I parted out was also gold/gold/black top.

I doubt that production numbers for your specific combo exist. I also doubt that this combo adds any real value.

Low production numbers on specific options really only mater on very rare cars selling in the upper end of the collector market.

For example, my 340 Formula S. Lets say it was a 1 of 1 with it's option mix..... It still wouldn't demand much extra. The collector demand just isn't there.

Back in the 70s my college buddy had a white and gold '65 (a rust bucket out of Michegan) and a girl who also parked on campus had a white '65 with gold interior car which was very nice. Both had pushbuttons and 273s. The only other Barracudas on campus were my Med Red Poly w/ red int '64, a Turquois w blk int '65, and a red/red '66. It would seem odd that there would be two of a rare production combination on a campus of 7,000 students. Now how many of that combo are left might be a completly different story.....
And how desirable that combo might be today would be anybodies guess.

1 less being I junked a white/gold 273 pushbutton a couple years ago. I made your car a little more valuable lol

Have two white/gold early cudas in my local club. My 65 and friends 64. 1968Formula is right, specific numbers due not exist but think it was a very cool color combo on these cudas & most of the white or ivory ones i've seen have a black interior. Of course i'm biased on the white/gold owning one.

Oldschoolcuda

LOL yep thanks for junking one more. Dang wished I would have bookmarked that article on that 65 about the production. Now can't find it again lol.

I haven't notice any special options on the car, besides it has the bumper guards. Wonder what color white is WWA? Mine looks more like light beige than a bright white. Wonder if Antique or Ivory White? Guess have to stop by a paint supply store and see what it really looks like new.Really never took much notice until the other day, but my original headliner doesn't actually look gold either, its a off gold color. More like a sandalwood color.

Either way it is still fun trying to find out all you can about the car you are restoring. You never know till you ask, so much info here on FABO! Just wished I still had my 68 Polara and 74 Duster from years ago. But hind site is 20/20. The Duster was green on green and had slant 6 with a manual 3 speed in the floor with a bench seat. The Polara was 383 with auto on the column. It was the first car i ever owned back in high school. Who would ever thought all the cars we drove in high school would be so collectable today. Guess that's why I am still holding on to my 1993 Intrepid. Its already 18 years old and still going, even though it could use a new paint job and the headlight lenses replaced, but the interior is still in perfect shape. Of course we had it in the family since 1998 and are only the third owners of it. Come on 7 more years and it will be a 25 year old antique, its almost there lol.

-
Back