Current project

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Some of you have seen my garage in person, it's okay, but I'm making it better. This is my current project I've been working on.

Garage1.JPG

Garage2.JPG

Garage3.JPG

Garage4.JPG

Garage5.JPG

Garage6.JPG

Garage7.JPG

Garage8.JPG

Garage9.JPG

I've never felt so out of shape in my life. The only reason I havn't started up at the gym this year, is due to this pain in my *** right now. Man I need to get back in shape soon, and a shape OTHER than round. :lol:

The worst part is, I still have the other half the ceiling, the biggest ***** of the job being the sheets are 4x12x5/8, and then insulating and drywalling the walls. Ugh, it should be worth it in the end.

1966 dart wagon said:
wow looks really nice, should be awesome when you are done :thumbup:

That's the goal, getting the boat and the Dart in there with enough room to work on both and not having to take one out.

lookin good.
be carfull, my neck still is not the same after hangin some **** rock week's ago.
But it's getting better.
keep on gettin it, you will have the dart in there before youk now it

Man I need to get back in shape soon, and a shape OTHER than round.

Round is a circle
A circle is a perfect shape

Therefor you are in perfect shape

Cheers

Benton

I did house/apartment restos before my current job. Even when I was young, I have to say, sheet rock is no joke. Ceilings are a royal pain.
Looking good.

Right on, a Mopar garage in the works! I'm currently doing some work to mine too. New insulation, new lights, more plugs. It's small but I changed my Barracuda motor in it.

Resize of IMG_8670.JPG

That's quite an ambitious project and it seems to be moving along nicely - shape not taken into account.

One thought though: Boats are made for water and Dart's aren't - Switch out!! :)

Have you considered paying someone to do that for you? I built a garage/shop about 4 years ago and the price of having it done was not a lot more than doing it myself. I had done more than enough of it in the past to know I didn't want to do it again, especially the ceiling, I hate that. My garage is 28 x 22, they boarded it in a day, mudding takes a couple of trips. I think contractors get a much better deal on insulation and sheet rock than you do and they're so fast at it that the labour part is very reasonable, especially if you can find a "cash" guy. :thumbup:

Looking good.
That's what I will be doing this summer. Going to put up a 26x32 with a 10-12 pitch roof for a half story above. It will also be insulated, drywalled and heated. It will be cut into a hill, so the wall on one end and partial walls on both sides will be concrete. Not looking forward to the work, but am looking forward to the finished product. I'll then only have to park two, instead of three, cars in our attached garage. :toothy7:

I thout baracuda's was on the top of the food chain!
65s be carefull that fish look's hungry :blob:

I hope with all these shops you guys are using protection. No not that kind, more in the lines of fire protection. Anybody have a extinguisher attached to their welding cart? Smoke detectors in the shop/garage? I am currently installing a fire sprinkler system for a guy whose home shop burned to the ground. It's what I do for a living. With his cars, tools and alot of memorabilia. He showed me pictures of what he had for cars, and I know that they will be missed dearly. It was caused by an ember from welding that landed in a oily rag and smoldered.

Gonna be a nice place to work when your done. My garage is half of my basement, I insulated it this fall and am ready to do the rock, not looking forward to it though. The insulation made a big difference, when I had my racecar and would work out there I'd freeze or run a kero heater, now it's not bad at all even without heat. Hasn't been 10 deg yet though either!

Damn, I wish I had a garage that big, I am working oput of a 22' x 11' garage now, its real tight, especially considering the shelving, tool cabinets, engine on a stand, compressor, workbench, and a Dart on jackstands. You dont walk in my garage, you "scoot past things"

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I feel I'm very blessed, but yet have worked my butt off for the things I have at age 24.

64dartwagon - Yes there are smoke detectors going out there, and there is a fire extinguisher out there, but it's in my boat, but I will be getting one for the garage now that you've said that, I like the idea.

I got the ceiling done tonight, although I'm too tired to post up pics, I'll hope to have finished product pics up tomorrow after I finish insulating the walls, and rocking them. :D

It's now 12:14AM EARLY Sat. morning, and I'm done minus putting the garage back together. Good LORD I'll be glad to get this done!

Well I've still got to get some organizing done, and get the Dart back in, but here she sits as of right now.

Garage10.JPG

Garage11.JPG

Garage12.JPG

Here's where the Dart has to sit in the meanwhile. :cry:

Dart%20Snow.JPG

Oh well, the last winter it will see snow.

-
Back