Custom Cam from Hughes

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had any dealings with Hughes Engines? I'm trying to get a roller cam for my Eddy Headed 408 and Comp cams is too hard to get a hold of. They act like they don't want to bother with a Mopar, and seeing how it is a stroker and not a 360, I think I need a cam for the extra cubes. Hughes said they can custom grind one for my specs,(car weight, gears, converter,etc.), and that I would also need valvesprings to match. Cam, lifters, springs, and timing chain set is about $800. Thanks for all of the previous help!!

I will only use Hughes cams & componets! Great stuff. These guys know MOPAR's. I just put their cam, lifters, springs, & Pro Gear set in my engine. I went from 12.70's to 11.80's! This thing pulls like a bear. I spent $561.00, money well spent.

Haven't used them but planning on it to an upgrade in my 440.Only hear good of them on this side of the Pacific.
Without getting into the nitty gritties you are advised to use Hughes recommended springs as their ramp profiles are different to anyone else and other brand spring rates will not be suitable.Well,that's hughes' PR advice but it sounds right when you look into it in detail.

I have a new 630 inch comp cams roller cam that i will sell you. I have the same cam in my 416 eddy motor and it made 583 horses 544 lbs torque. I bought a set of heads off one of my buddies and he happened to order the same cam that i had for one of projects that never happened. I will dig up the cam card if you are interest. Thanks Harry.

duster harry said:
I have a new 630 inch comp cams roller cam that i will sell you. I have the same cam in my 416 eddy motor and it made 583 horses 544 lbs torque. I bought a set of heads off one of my buddies and he happened to order the same cam that i had for one of projects that never happened. I will dig up the cam card if you are interest. Thanks Harry.

What rockers are you using on the 416 Harry? Sounds sweet!

Hughes did my stroker for me and I have their roller cam. They set up my Eddie heads with matching springs and push rods to go with the cam. As said earlier, these guys know Mopars and Dave Hughes is the best at putting togehter whatever combo you want! My Dart really comes alive with their setup!

Comp is not hard to get, but dont plan on getting much for help from the normal tech guys. Dwayne Porter and Scott Brown spec cams to Comp who grinds them. Both are great people, without Hughe's attitude. Engle has some nice lobes, and the owner answered the phone when I call. I like that. The deal with Hughes' springs is they need the rigght spring. Not too heavy, not too light. But every cam needs that. They can tell you what seat and open pressures that cam needs with your valve train. Unless he has to sell you his magic springs...

-
Back