Custom dash cluster

-
Here is mine. Just used a piece of stainless sheet metal and cut out the back of my factory gauge cluster. I also installed small turn signal and high beam indicators that are not in the pic. Cheap and functional.

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 965
Hear are some pictures.Not the best. Mark

Attachments

• AAAA0004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 958
  • AAAA0021.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 933
Here is mine. Just used a piece of stainless sheet metal and cut out the back of my factory gauge cluster. I also installed small turn signal and high beam indicators that are not in the pic. Cheap and functional.

What brand are your gauges?

Thanks

There are several threads in this section if you do a search. Here's mine, made of 14 gauge steel and Autometer gauges.

Attachments

• DSCN0628-1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 878
  • DSCN0666-1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 860
ask me again in a month...hopefully I will have mine done by then. I am making it similar to Mr Man, just a different layout. I am using Auto Meter Pro Comps

I'll take some pictures this weekend of my buddy's dart and his duster. He's got all aftermarket in his. He used diamond plate to do it. I am going to do the same but i have access to many different colors of ABS plastic that I think will do the job and be a little easier to deal with. What color are you thinking about maybe I can get you a peice

This looks similar to the one I put in my car. The only thing is, they're designed for a fuel cell and will not work with at the stock sender location. They need to be top mounted. I simply cut a hole in the top of the tank and mounted it there. I then had to cut a small hole in the trunk floor right behind the fuel filler tube for the wire connector nut. It works great though. If you want to use the stock location, I think I saw what you need at Year One.

This looks similar to the one I put in my car. The only thing is, they're designed for a fuel cell and will not work with at the stock sender location. They need to be top mounted. I simply cut a hole in the top of the tank and mounted it there. I then had to cut a small hole in the trunk floor right behind the fuel filler tube for the wire connector nut. It works great though. If you want to use the stock location, I think I saw what you need at Year One.

Do you have a link to it

Will the sending unit I posted work with any sunpro electric fuel gauge with the same ohms reading.Also is there anyway to use the sending unit I posted were the stock one is now.

Can someone help me find this

I need a fuel sending unit that will work with a 1973 duster side mount
I needs to read 240 ohms empty, 33 ohms full electrical and work with sun pro
gauges.

Here is what my custom dash looks like..It will be painted flat black and installed this week. My builder (James Boyd - Roadkingcustoms.com) is here in Georgia and can replicate this but he said it would be pricey due to all the man hours in it...Notice all gauges are slanted towards the driver and we just added a shift light pod to the left of the steering wheel agled right at the driver..Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_2030.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_9497.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 727
Can someone help me find this

I need a fuel sending unit that will work with a 1973 duster side mount
I needs to read 240 ohms empty, 33 ohms full electrical and work with sun pro
gauges.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=4051004

I don't remember off hand what the stock resistance is for this (a stock sending unit) sending unit. The reason this is specific to the Duster and not the other one you linked to from Summit is the fact that the sending unit and the tube that feeds the fuel to your motor is one piece. The one you linked is only the sender and, as I mentioned, needs to be top mounted.

Here is what my custom dash looks like..It will be painted flat black and installed this week. My builder (James Boyd - Roadkingcustoms.com) is here in Georgia and can replicate this but he said it would be pricey due to all the man hours in it...Notice all gauges are slanted towards the driver and we just added a shift light pod to the left of the steering wheel agled right at the driver..Love it!

What size are the small gauges?

Wish we had more threads like this from some of you craftsmen

Heres my cluster i just finished up today. The only problems i had were wiring it and cutting the diamond plate for the holes but we didnt know what we were doing with the wiring at first.

I found a hole set of gauges for 160 dollars fuel gauge match stock mopar fuel gauge

Oil Psi
Water temp
fuel
volts
speedo

-
Back