Custom Dash Panel Brake Angle

-

74desertduster

Reaction score
1974 Dart Sport

I am looking into making my own dash insert that will be a complete piece from one side of the dash to the other using aluminum or something like it.

Want to have a metal shop put the brake in it and am wondering if anybody know the angle?

Also, does anybody have a template for the entire chunk of metal to make cutting easier...happy to pay for a copy of it.

Thanks!

Brian

Something like this pic but all one piece across......

dash.jpg

Hi Brian -
I've got a Rocky Mountain Dashes dash that is for my '69 Dart (hopefully in the not too distant future) and the angle on it measured at 130-degrees.
Good luck with your dash build.
Show some pics as you build.

I made my own dash insert. Take the glove box door to the sheet metal shop and have them use it to determine the angle of the bend from it. Make sure to figure how big a piece of material you need to start with. I used 1/8 in aluminum. Make a pattern from cardboard. It takes a lot of time but it can be done. Here are a couple pictures of mine.

tmpphpG6vGMN.jpg

tmpphpyILHLe.jpg

tmpphpHkAD0y.jpg

Awesome job...didn't think about the glove box idea...sometimes I miss the most obvious things...your panel is great!

I made my own dash insert. Take the glove box door to the sheet metal shop and have them use it to determine the angle of the bend from it. Make sure to figure how big a piece of material you need to start with. I used 1/8 in aluminum. Make a pattern from cardboard. It takes a lot of time but it can be done. Here are a couple pictures of mine.

That's nice!

-
Back