custom gauge help

-

Young Gun Smith

Reaction score
hey ya'll im thinking about making my own gauge cluster. and this is my first car and havent learned much about working on it and stuff so bear with me lol, now when i purchase the spedo, tach, voltate etc gagues is there anything that i need to do connect them to where the stock ones would be? im thinking about doing something like this
ClusterLayoutlarger.jpg

but with out the boost and air fuel gague i borrowed this layout from AnotherA when he did his. thanks in advance for all the help! :-D

If you dont make the plate that holds the gauges out of metal, dont forget to run a ground strap to each gauge.
Andrew

Not sure what you mean by asking whether there's anything you need to do to "connect" the guages in place of stock. Do you mean wiring them into the stock loom? If so Moparaction did an article on this some time ago. It's a relatively simple thing, if you need the article reference let me know I'll see if I can find it.

If you dont make the plate that holds the gauges out of metal, dont forget to run a ground strap to each gauge.
Andrew
ok is do i have to buy thougs or will the ground all ready be there?

Not sure what you mean by asking whether there's anything you need to do to "connect" the guages in place of stock. Do you mean wiring them into the stock loom? If so Moparaction did an article on this some time ago. It's a relatively simple thing, if you need the article reference let me know I'll see if I can find it
YES! yeah thats what i ment sorry for the lack of perciseness. and if u could find it, that would be awesome! :-D

You can get a test light and test the wires to make sure you have the right wires to the gage you are using. That is what I did and it is very easy to do.

36.jpg

carlisle Scamp2.JPG

You can get a test light and test the wires to make sure you have the right wires to the gage you are using. That is what I did and it is very easy to do.
that looks good! where did u get the test lights at?

simply badass.. did you just cut your factor gauges out of the panel and glue in a flat peice of plastic to mount the new gauges in?? i love everything about it..

68 Dodge,

You have my son and i excited !! Where did you get the dash pod to but the guages in ? Hard to find a speedo that works with a 727 ?

thanks
ian.

I used 16th thick steel welded together with some mounting brackets on the back. The little lights are from Summit racing. Took alot of time with some misstakes to fix to look right. I took a regular hand held test light, to test each wire, on the wire harness that plugs into the original gage panel.

I used 16th thick steel welded together with some mounting brackets on the back. The little lights are from Summit racing. Took alot of time with some misstakes to fix to look right. I took a regular hand held test light, to test each wire, on the wire harness that plugs into the original gage panel.

man that thing is awesome! i cant get over it

-
Back