custom round 318 cam

-
Sweet! Nothing like a flat cam lobe,to kill a good day!:wack:

Now I know,the hunt for a Magnum..... Priest,on the radio...(lol)

Precisely why I went to a Magnum mill and won't go back.

My 360 ate through to daylight on one lifter and almost all the way on another. When it's a brandy-new cam and you do everything to keep it from munching lobes and it does it anyway, rollers start looking really good.

Flat tappet ,still decent.The devil,in the details.On my Chev rat,popped for the Crower" Pro 55" billet ,for a solid flat tappet. The lifters went flat,cam lobe looks new.Watch the little details.

lol thats why i polish the hell out of them.telling you guys that **** works....van halen d o a

Did the polish lifter thing ,on used Rhoads,for the Rat.1st session. Smogged,238/248@ .0
50. Damn bastard ,passed 100 ppm/ 1.0 on CO.! Gotta love MSD'S,and good tuning!

Did the polish lifter thing ,on used Rhoads,for the Rat.1st session. Smogged,238/248@ .0
50. Damn bastard ,passed 100 ppm/ 1.0 on CO.! Gotta love MSD'S,and good tuning!
them rhoades lifters work really good.that being saidyou had that **** dialed in big time!i had some in a stroker 460ford with cobra jet heads.it ran 13.00 in a 70 ranchero gt.with a big spread bore carb and cobra jet stock intake and exaust manifolds..

It would be really sad if your 460 didn't run 13's

Only ever had one cam go flat on me, a Hughes solid. Never used them again, never had another problem.

Saw that before on a low mileage 318.

I forget what I had that motor in, but it sounded like it had a .550+ Lift Cam in it (it really didn't, but that's what it sounded and ran like) and ran like crazy at lower speeds but lost power at highway speeds.

I pulled the top end off the motor to find that the factory cam was missing half of the lobes, almost all of the lifters were wiped out, and the motor still had crosshatch in the cylinders.

I actually still have that cam and lifters in a box in the garage, just to keep as a souvenir

i had a comp cams custom grind cam lose a couple lobes .so the next time i went with the same came but used howards solids with the holes in them been good now for a couple years and i run the crap out of it

Love the E.P.D.M oil hole lifters.Wish they were around 10 years ago.

next cam i get iwill use those solids with the laser cut hole.would have now except i got the cam and lifters about 6 years ago....:eek:ops:

Flat tappet ,still decent.The devil,in the details.On my Chev rat,popped for the Crower" Pro 55" billet ,for a solid flat tappet. The lifters went flat,cam lobe looks new.Watch the little details.

Exactly. I have had good luck with flat tappet cams, just gotta make sure the lifters rotate in the bores correctly and it fires right up. I've only had 1 cam go flat on me when I did everything right and guess what brand it was?

Hum no arrow to point down :wack:

Only ever had one cam go flat on me, a Hughes solid. Never used them again, never had another problem.

-
Back