Cute house, yada yada WITH A 4 CAR GARAGE?

-

Shishaldin

Reaction score
Fellow FABO's-
I owe a couple of you Photochops, and sorry for the delay. I've been a real busy man lately because I've caught First Time Home Buyer Fever. And the only prescription is...A FOUR CAR GARAGE! I've got to put a bid in on this house by Friday (short sale, chance of bidding war) and I still have a mountain of loan paperwork to read, sign, and fax back to the mortgage broker. Zoiks! Wish me luck!

See, it's a cute house in a real nice neighborhood in Watsonville, CA about 20 minutes down the coast from Santa Cruz:
0705091512.jpg

Ah, the doorways to the most important area of the property :)
0705091513a.jpg

Comes with artwork:
0707090814.jpg

Shazam! Two Wide, Two Deep. Newer electrical w/220 installed, too. Even mostly insulated. My eyes got all misty when the Real Estate agent showed me this...look past the crap the previous tenants left and see it's garage-y goodness :toothy10:.
0707090813a.jpg

0707090813.jpg

Awesome! I know I need one of those!

Good luck with the buy!:-D

The good points....
1. Washer and dryer-Good for dirty rags, etc.Also means you have water there.
2. Entertainment center (piano)--Every good mancave needs one.
3. Basketball thingy-Can be converted into engine hoist.
4. Detached from house-Less chance that higher management (womenfolk) will check up (annoy) on activities.

Hope you get it!!

My idea of a perfect garage....6 car/1 bedroom garage with child-proof locks.

The good points....
1. Washer and dryer-Good for dirty rags, etc.Also means you have water there.
2. Entertainment center (piano)--Every good mancave needs one.
3. Basketball thingy-Can be converted into engine hoist.
4. Detached from house-Less chance that higher management (womenfolk) will check up (annoy) on activities.

Hope you get it!!

My idea of a perfect garage....6 car/1 bedroom garage with child-proof locks.

Very good points there Dave. :cheers:

forgot one..there is an Exit sign too...for quick escapes when the wife comes looking for you to "pick-up" something at the store!

My wife would love that garage...it's already got indoor plants!

I hope you get it and a car for every space in the garage.

I hope you get it and a car for every space in the garage.

Now THAT is something to hope for! Thanks FISHBREATH! I got all my paperwork in to the mortgage broker's and put together a bid with my real estate agent. I should find out tomorrow if I got the winning bid. Thanks for the kind wishes, guys. You rock! :rock::rock::rock::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Nice so what's that worth on the market nowadays?

Well, it was listed at $279k, as a short sale, where the bank is just trying to get the house off of their repo books by trying to get the balance of the previous loan (which was overinflated). I offered $255k...and lost out to an all cash bidder <sob, wail>.
Oh well, them's the breaks. There's always a chance that the bidder may not want to wait 3-4 months for the paperwork to go through. Or, I could just find another place with a sweet garage. The search continues...

HOLY CRAP.... cali is expensive to live in O.o. I think about here that house would sell for 80-100k depending on who's selling it, haha. And depending on how big it is as opposed to how big it looks in that one pic.

HOLY CRAP.... cali is expensive to live in O.o. I think about here that house would sell for 80-100k depending on who's selling it, haha. And depending on how big it is as opposed to how big it looks in that one pic.

Think THAT'S expensive? Try just a few years ago, when all of the real estate madness was going on. That was a $500k+ house! I'm looking at another house (3bd/2ba/2 car garage, 1450 sq ft.)not too far from this one that is listed at $259k that sold in July '06 for$700k. You bet it's bank owned! Madness, I tell ya...

California realestate prices amaze me.................location, location, location.

Wow!
That's a lot of coin for that place.
But then again, it is a nice garage, who cares about the house? Lol.
I wish i had it!

California realestate prices amaze me.................location, location, location.

Exactly. Think about that the next time you guys in the rust belt are wondering why all the decent rust-free cars are out on the West Coast. It's because we can't afford to buy them! LOL!

Well my little old 1200 sqft 3 bedroom house with detached 1 1/2 car garage (that I built out of the carport/shop that was there) on a 70X120 lot last year the going rate was 420K.Dropped down this year to about 360-380K and it is starting to go back up again.Can not see how a young family starting out could afford that. I bought it for 158K about 8 years ago, thought it was too much then:angry7:

Hi (hopefully) soon to be neighbor! i live in Aptos! a few min from Watsonville. That is a nice find in watsonville! We paid 300k for a mobile home, we own the land but still! Not much fun to work on a car in a car port. You will have a lot of fun with that garadge!

-
Back