D.U.I. Distributor... Who's Using it?

-

Dusterhoss

Reaction score
I was thinking about switching from my MSD to the DUI self contained unit for my street/ strip 340... Just seeing who is running them and any good or bad that comes with them.

Thanks!
--Matt

i sent mine back, instructions were basically swahili to me. members on this site tried to help me through it to no avail.the thread is on here somewhere. admittedly i'm no wiring wizard though.IMO if it aint broke dont fix it. i still have a firecore in the box full of distributors i have, another waste of money, i believe they may have fixed their quality issues though

A D.U.I. is basically a G.M. hei one wire ignition with whatever body/shaft combo fite your engine . It is a really good idea that doesn't work well in Mopar world due to fitment issues . the large cap gets in the way especially in A-bodies . I would consider a Petronix Ignitor III , it is a one wire hook up with no ballast resistor and the rev limiter is inside the cap . the upper half is standard gm and parts can be had anywhere . Also, the advance is adjustable . Why didn't I think of it years ago ?

I have been looking at Electromotive XDi. I need to get over the cost factor of about 1400, (main box, coil packs, trigger wheel, etc.) and the look of no distributor. The principles of operation make a lot of sense to me though.
XDi Ignition - Electromotive

-
Back