d100 manual trans question....

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
i have a 70 d100 currently a 318 with 3 speed manual in floor. found a 68 d100 with a factory 4 speed. my question is does anyone know if the 68 would be a granny gear with 3 speed? if not i would like to change it for my 3 speed. truck is currently sitting on the ground and couldnt get to it to see any numbers. thanks. ive also posted this on sweptline.org but info can be very slow when questions are asked and this truck will be crushed soon.

Any way you can grab the truck before its crushed? There are always people looking for Swepty parts (me included).

My 65 W300 has the granny gear, but if that 68 is a D100, I would imagine it wouldn't, since it doesn't have 4x4.

nah i wish i could get it. its at a pull a part and they say they have to cut it into 3 peices before they can sell whole. they also have a 66 thats rotten as heck but other than the driver door bottom being rusted its pretty soid.

A stock 4 speed in a '68 truck should have a granny 1st. They made two different ones with different 1 gear ratios but both were non-synchro. Not sure if your bellhousing will work or not. They made so many combinations of engine, trans, clutch size, etc. Also, they went from hydrolic to linkage from '68 to '69. You'll have to take some measurements with you when you go.

-
Back