Dad’s Barracuda

-

go-fish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My dad is getting a paint job on his 1973 Barracuda. We’ve got the engine pulled and will be degreasing everything. This is just a respray. It came with a pretty decent red paint job but the clear coat has gotten too bad after a previous repainting. The engine bay was not done at that time so it still sports the factory red. It needs a touch up but the jams and trunk are still good.
We will be putting in a 340 that Poppa bought from @coloradohill
My dad has a 1970 ‘Cuda that was going to get that engine and a 6-pack EFI setup but I talked him into putting it in the ‘73. The 1970 will keep the EFI 3x2’s though. Likely to use the 318’s Edelbrock Performer on the 73.
We’ll get more into the engine plan in a few days.
For now, disassembly and cleaning.

8057D74B-F3B0-45E6-A468-E86F4E95E384.jpeg

748B8B64-3A24-4493-AE5B-4F2A5585F518.jpeg

28448920-5730-46B4-8744-DA3FDD54438E.jpeg

A great project for a young man. Learn all the parts , what they do and where they go. Did this with my son and he turned out normal.

Pop Quiz: What are the fitting sizes on a 1973 Barracuda's Power steering gearbox?

We need to pressure wash the engine bay/ trans tunnel/ front suspension. It would be nice to close the circuit on the gearbox during this repaint. Maybe I'll sacrifice this supply and return line and get new lines when we reinstall the drivetrain?

Go to your local building supply and look at plastic plugs in the fastener section.

Go to your local building supply and look at plastic plugs in the fastener section.
I thought about the plugs and caps. I would like to do a closed circuit because it will be getting pushed and steered around and don't want residual pressure to pop off a cap. About a year ago I junked a pump and lines that would have came in handy right now. I just need to find the fittings sizes and some 3/8" hose.

-
Back