Dads DUSTER

-
Me and my dad just keep pushing on with this rusty dusty got the dash out of the car with the WINDSHIELD still in that was a chore got the K-frame mocked up for the car and made it into a roller agin so we could move the car out side to start sand blasting

Attachments

• 005 (Copy).JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 603
  • 004 (Copy).JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 604
  • 006 (Copy).jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 008 (Copy).JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 611
  • 010 (Copy).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 581
  • 021 (Copy).JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 589
sub frame connectors are just about finished time to sand blast some more :banghead:

Attachments

• 019 (Copy).JPG
    180 KB · Views: 564
  • 018 (Copy).JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 560
Nice work but would it have been less work to save the parts car instead? Nice job on replacing floors.

Nice work but would it have been less work to save the parts car instead? Nice job on replacing floors.

to a good body working man maby but both full quarters tail pannel replacment and trunk finessing it was to much for us

do you have an extra windshield seal? Im looking for a decent one for my 74 duster. 814-512-0305 NW PA

what else do I need for the rear defrost?

I dont have the exact one for a Duster, but this will give you an idea what should be there. Just a little different size and shape will be the only difference. This pic is from a 67 Barracuda I think. Its missing the duct from blower outlet to vent.
Ever think about putting in the "Heated Rear Window" with the defroster grid on the inside of the glass? It was an option on a few dusters, and Darts. You'd also have to install the correct wiring, but if it was mine, I'd rather have that type. (Just a thought)

Attachments

• Rear Window Defrost-1967 Baracuda.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 502
^ seems to me that the motor you picture looks exactly the same as the one in my '72 Duster. Never had the actual grill though.

Thanks guys for the defrost help Heres some more work we got done today first part of floor is in and we started painting with FRAME SAVER and test fited the floor all looks well so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 049 (Copy).jpg
    174 KB · Views: 473
  • 051 (Copy).JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 471
  • 050 (Copy).JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 497
  • 048 (Copy).JPG
    184 KB · Views: 468
  • 047 (Copy).JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 469
  • 045 (Copy).JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 460
  • 044 (Copy).JPG
    159 KB · Views: 474
  • 043 (Copy).JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 476
looks like you are on a great build there. ok i have a question.i to am on my way to building a 74 duster.i dont have a shop,so everything i do to my car has to wait if it rains.so what tool and what did you have to do to get the dash out of the car with out pulling the wind shield? please pm me if you would like.thanks Mopar65

hey thanks for the pm.sounds like i am just going to have to wait untill i can get the front windshield pulled.thanks again bobby

Ya we will pull windshield out when we get the floor back in and find a new rubber

Test fit one of the bucket seats after doing some quick seat track mock ups looks like a set of B body bucket tracks and 2 A body bench seat tracks will get us were we need to be and for good mesures I threw one of our spare center counsles in for mock up

Attachments

• 013 (Copy).JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 014 (Copy).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 415
If you are in need of a great engine for her I have a built 413

Got the floor almost finished today, just a bit more seam sealer is needed found the stuff we are going to use to sound/heat protect the floor as well. Finished the break down of the suspension, took most of the suspension and had it acid dipped. Few parts that were not too dirty I wire wheeled up and primed them ya for getting stuff done :burnout:

Attachments

• 064 (Copy).JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 067 (Copy).JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 062 (Copy).JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 061 (Copy).JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 325
  • 066 (Copy).JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 063 (Copy).JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 336
I bought a new windshield gasket and rubber locking strip for mine at justmopar.com . Total with shipping was $115. I put it in a 74 Duster. Part #'s are- WCR D759 ($90) for windshield seal and WLS 900 ($11) for rubber lock strip. Parts are for- and listed for (1970-76 A Body, Dart Sport/ Demon/ Duster, 2 door hardtop fastback). I used a yellow clothes line rope and soaped that and the windshield channel-the seal- with dawn dish detergent and a little water. Push the rope into the seal channel and have the ends about 4 inches from the top corners-on the top side. Get top of gasket in and slowly work each side down and at same time. The corners may need a little help since they have that extra rubber, so when you get close-push the rubber to the inside of the cabin before the rope gets there- makes it easier- you will see what I mean when you do this job. Make sure you get windshield trim clips in first-before installing windshield-trust me lol, especially the bottom ones. Pull rope evenly. Once in- center windshield while dawn/water mixture is still wet. I used a screwdriver-bad idea- find something like a hard plastic rod. Then just use slow even pressure or slight quick "bumps" to get windshield centered. I did this job by myself, 2 people would be alot better. My biggest problem was that the seal kept sliding off the windshield when I was starting the job. So find something to make it stick to the glass better-just nothing that will be permanent incase you need to get windshield out again.
Incase you want phone number for justmopar- its 1-877-272-5275. 1615 29th Ave S.E.; Austin, Minnesota 55912. I bought new windshield clips off of Ebay. Of course- I have no affiliation with either.

-
Back