Daily driver 75 360 .060 over

-

big66440

Reaction score
Just bought a 360 long block locally and I wanted to drop it in my 66 sweptline for a daily driver engine, didn't realize it was already bored .060 over till I got home and tore it apart, the engine is going to be a 9:1, j head engine with a mild cam and 4bbl but will see ALOT of So Cal driving, what's your guys opinion on it?

If you plan on boring it again, I'd say find a new block. If you just want to drop it in and run it as is, it should be fine. 9:1 with a mild cam and daily driving shouldn't be a problem for a .060" over 360.

Mild driving, and keep it cool!!! I think you'll get some miles out of it. :thumleft:

What about filling the upper half of the water jackets with filler? would it be too much for a street engine?

What about filling the upper half of the water jackets with filler? would it be too much for a street engine?
Do you mean the lower half? None the less don't hardblock the water jackets, it compromises the cooling system. At .060 over cooling may already be an issue.

I've done three stroker small blocks. One was a 77 360 I went .070 over with for a 416. I never had a lick of trouble with it. If it doesn't need boring, run it.

WOW 416 .070 over that's great :burnout: I kinda figure ma mopar wouldn't go the GM route and dish out "thin wall" casting ****, I just don't want to spend all that time and money to find out I can't idle in traffic without boiling over, I'm planning on building it with EQ heads (2.02 in,1.62 ex), performer RPM intake,A518 tranny and 4.10's.

Cylinder thickness has little to none to do with overheating. That's a chebbie thing that came from the 400 small block because it does not have water jackets between the cylinders. It's a myth with anything that has water between the cylinders. It all has to do with how efficient the cooling system is. If you get all the right parts in place, you'll not have a problem.

Sounds good, thankfully my D100's got enough room to fit a radiator big enough for a Freightliner\\:D/

-
Back