Dakota Oil Pan?

-
Yes it has some baffling to start with, but I think it needs some more. Its a great pan to start with, just needs some help in a race car probably be great in a mild street car.
Sump is very small and easily runs out of oil. I built a tray angled to the sump to help the oil drain into the sump.

I actually have an F body so I'll be able to answer that question in a few months or so, I just figured I'd ask on the A body forum because It's more active and I figure if it'll fit in a A body it'll fit in an F body, being slightly longer and wider.

Just got a reply from a Volare racer who said it fits F-bodies without mods. But he added that using poly engine mounts helps, like Schumacher, because they don't sag like OEM rubber, which caused a slight rubbing by the center link. Nothing on any other mods.

Pans may need specific pan gaskets.

While F-bodies provide more room for everything at the front end, the steering components seem to be the only area to watch with these pans. I love the fact that E-body headers install easily and fit very well, mainly because there are no torsion bars in the way. The TTI F-body and E-bodies headers are the same, which are one piece. Their A-body headers have #7 tube slip-fit over the frame rail.

Update - got the oil pan installed and it fits perfectly, however I'm having issues with which dipstick to use, mine doesn't fit and even after cutting it down it bottoms out in the pan quickly and I can't get any oil on it, there is 5L of oil in the pan.

-
Back