Dam it never fails , rite when you got it all right , the TSI TRANNY shows me a week link

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
been fighting this car for too , long I thought I had it perfect as needed , drive train , especially the Motor ,You all helped me get rebuilt in a 4 day sqeeze , the awesome 3.91 center chunk ,limegreen70 sold me , it rocks , to the wicked TSI built Transmission , that you could never out shift, I thought I had my car - drivetrain ,where I wanted it , well 3 races , all Won in my 65 barracuda , I took the wife out for a nice old sunday cruise, got her Thumbs up, I can drive normal too , lol , brought it home. dropped her off . went to get some FINE steel wool and get it all detailed again, got home pulled it out back , cleaned it all SHOW READY , and all the boyz were ready to go out again with our MOPARS and RIDES , turned my key and hear the starter turn THE GEAR with a ping , ping sound like tin hitting something , Got thinking , NOT TONIGHT - Friday night , was gr8 weather here and then starter wouldn't turn any thing over ,just click wing , wing , Tried a few times , called the boyzs and said not tonight again , UGH .
so I pushed the car into the garage , looked back where I just washed it , and saw a piece of metal laying there . I knew what it was right way, So I took the battery cable off , jacked it up , got out the jack stands , took out the starter , and THIS is what I SAW . The flex plate exploded like a piece of china plate , the TSI TRANNY did this to my flex plate , shifting so hard , RR brake this down for us , your pretty hard to pass1 buy , but I did find why it did it . for 400 hp or around , outomatics with 3000k or bigger stalls and really any rearend .
This could happen to you at any second . GET A VERY SRONG FLEX PLATE , Ive never seen or done this until now, I do need a flex plate off a 69 340 or 1 That fits those mounting holes 7/16 fine thread bolts preferably , I can driil out and tap torquenverter if 5/16. Heres some nasty pics , I just put engine in 2 weeks ago ,rather just drop the tranny this time ,either way a pain in the *** , and no racing last night . HERE WE GO , Wanst a TSI part it was oem MOPAR . try to guess why this happened , I will tell you after a few quesses , tomoro night , WITH THE 68 GTS parts sale
100_2368.JPG
100_2369.JPG
100_2369.JPG

100_2375.JPG

100_2370.JPG

100_2371.JPG

100_2372.JPG

100_2374.JPG

hey jon that is nasty , you have been having some bad luck lately but it will change. these old cars will shorten your life span for sure .

If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all...

70aar showed me a nice HD round 1 its here trans is out and ready to go back in tommoro $32.00 weeks spot in a real bad spot especially after just dropping motor back in lol , still beats a $600 .00 rearend or hittn some 1 else

Your transmission did nothing. You put a stock crappy *** flex plate in a performance application. You did it. Get a good B&M flex plate and you will be done.

yah pisses me off thow just had that whole motor all outa there 70aar got me hooked up to a HD round 1 , its all out ready to go back in tommoro night . Well for a $32.00 weeks spot I'll take that rather than blow a rear end or crash it .
used them forever first 1 I balled up so bad I couldn"t get the motor apart GRR , But like you said for$32.00 it wouldn't have killed me to upgrade from a 70s flexplate , now I think its time for 2 race seats , and some good belts , and some traction action , will trade for 64-66 black buckets or 2 very nice 64-66 barracuda doors

Get a SFI approved B&M flex plate. Choose the internal or external balance that works for your engine and trans combination. The 727 for external balance engine is part # 10235 for example.

you dont need 400HP to bust a flex plate. All you need is the wrong convertor in the right trans and a 318 (or a line bored block with no alignment dowels). Like me.....I didnt put in a T-flite Paddy 1/8 bushing on my old small nose snout convertor into a later crank. My fault, mine didnt bend all up like yours though, just cracked and a piece fell out bit it STILL turned the motor, and got me home! Every leg of the flexplate was cracked through and fell apart when I unbolted it when I got home. Very lucky.

I hear yah there ,I was lucky mine took its last crack and blew in my Drive way instead of out in town ,where they would call you a 500.00 tow truck , or middle of nowhere . But as you said when looking over all the pieces I could see rusted edges on some of the cracks , so it had been going on for a little while,
Good News all back up and running new again , Thanks to a lot of help from The FABO FAMILY,winstoninwisc/ jon HAGR81 ALL Enjoy SUMMER

-
Back