Damn FedEx!

-

Clelan

Inferno Red Duster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I'm sitting on the couch having my morning coffee and Bailey's cruising through FABO and the door bell rings. I can see the front door from where I'm sitting. In the time it takes me to turn my head I just catch a glimpse of the Fedex van driving away. It's my latest Summit order which is great but God damn! I guess they just drop and sprint! No attempt to deliver to a person.

Cley

At least fed-ex found your house, they tend to deliver my packages to the wrong street. Thank god the people know me and bring my packages to me.

they don't have time to wait around for someone to decide to open the door. that truck is packed with packages that have to be delivered.

Did you want to chat with them??

When I see them, I wait till they get lost before I open the door. I'm not trying to have interaction with a stranger who probably doesn't have time for an interview anyway.

I was more thinking from a parcel security point of view. When they leave it on the step and no one is home that's when someone else can grab it and go. I thought they would at least try and deliver it in person.

Cley

That's what they all do either the mailman, FEDEX, UPS, Amazon, or any other delivery carrier.
Your lucky if any of them even ring the door bell, or knock on the door.
If it ain't a signature delivery, they just leave it, and drive away.
And you hope there isn't any porch pirates in your hood, following the truck around, then stealing your package(s).

For some reason my address is messed up only with fed ex. Unfortunately they deliver to my neighbors house but he takes all my packages in and keeps them! I finally called the police last week to get them back! Now if anything is shipped fed ex I have them sent to my parents house.

I was waiting for papers from my bank, being sent Fedex express, 2 day. Tracking info said it was delivered at my front door, within the proper time frame. I looked all around my house, front, back, gate, etc., no package. Did live chat with Fedex, and was told the driver probably either scanned early, or the wrong package. Wait till the next day. Next day found the package in my USPS mailbox, which is a block from my house. It was probably put there on the correct delivery day, after I had gotten my mail.
PS: It is against the law for anyone/anything other then USPS to use the mail delivery boxes. Fedex sucks. I have more delivery problems with them then anyone.

We get dog food from Chewy. A 38.5 pound bag every 12 days. We make sure we get it in the house ASAP. Don't want it out in the rain. We've had it delivered at 12:30 am.
Just last week my wife tracked a package that was delivered the day after it said it was. When she called and asked, the customer service rep said it was common for the drivers to scan stuff in advance. A day in advance ? This was Amazon.

Scanning a package "delivered" beforehand?

Reminds me of the time I worked one day at the office vault instead of out in the armored trucks. The first thing the vault manager did in the morning was to sign and initial a sheet that showed all the firearms that were taken out on the trucks for the personnel had been returned at the end of day. She trained other employees to do the same.

Someone could have kept/stolen any number of weapons anytime and there may have been no record of what happened.

revolver.jpeg

dunbar.jpeg

I was more thinking from a parcel security point of view. When they leave it on the step and no one is home that's when someone else can grab it and go. I thought they would at least try and deliver it in person.

Cley

Imagine how many deliveries they have this time of year. Now imagine if they confirmed each delivery with a personal greeting even if just to say "hello" to a live person. Those small amounts of time add up.

So I'm sitting on the couch having my morning coffee and Bailey's cruising through FABO and the door bell rings. I can see the front door from where I'm sitting. In the time it takes me to turn my head I just catch a glimpse of the Fedex van driving away. It's my latest Summit order which is great but God damn! I guess they just drop and sprint! No attempt to deliver to a person.

Cley
if you are worried about theft, you can arrange to have the package held for pick up at a Fed EX or UPS branch. I think I saw something on the news that one of those will deliver you package to the local Walgreens of your choice. Of course that only helps if a branch or Walgreens is convenient to you.

FedEx drivers in my area are so F******G lazy they throw packages over the gate and scoot. I hate 'em HORRIBLE

if you are worried about theft, you can arrange to have the package held for pick up at a Fed EX or UPS branch. I think I saw something on the news that one of those will deliver you package to the local Walgreens of your choice. Of course that only helps if a branch or Walgreens is convenient to you.
I did attempt to have them hold for pickup as the depot is only a couple blocks from work. Ofvourse you can only do that online and it claimed that "This service is currently unavailable" every time I tried it. I understand there are lots of packages right now, but I'm sure there are lots of packages getting swiped right now too! I really wish there was a Summit local to me but I'm in Communist Canada so I doubt that will ever happen!

Cley

I did attempt to have them hold for pickup as the depot is only a couple blocks from work. Ofvourse you can only do that online and it claimed that "This service is currently unavailable" every time I tried it. I understand there are lots of packages right now, but I'm sure there are lots of packages getting swiped right now too! I really wish there was a Summit local to me but I'm in Communist Canada so I doubt that will ever happen!

Cley

just jump the border and come live in the US (legally of course, id hate to have to call you a canadian wetback)
plenty of room here, and we can use the influx of some decent people

That is so tempting! If my family didn't keep me here I'd have done that years ago! I'm going to resist the urge to get political here but western Canada is a tough place to be these days!

Cley

I ordered brake lines from inline tube a few years back and never received them, I called them and they tracked them and said they were delivered to my front porch by FedEx. I double checked and looked all over, they even spoke with FedEx on the phone and to the driver, thanks to Inline tube, they stood up and sent me more lines, but I've not trusted FedEx much since, who knows it may have been a theft and not FedEx fault, but I'll never really know for sure.

OP is clearly a Jew, Muslim, or an Atheist and has no concept of 'the Christmas Season'.

You can pay extra for FedEx signature required, then you can talk to the delivery people.

At my house Fedex and UPS guys will knock on the door at least. I usually get to the door just in time to give them a wave and holler Thanks.

-
Back