Damn gas price

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
I was thinking of going to Ohio next weekend to a Mopar swap meet and due the price of gas decided to stay home.
Just saying I'll think twice about running off to somewhere and spend $125 in gas with a good possibility of coming home empty handed.I'll still enjoy my muscle cars but maybe not quite as much

Ya either love cars or ya don't and in my life the price of gas bothers me but doesn't stop me from traveling. I look at it this way: What is going to give me more pleasure than driving my vehicles besides sex. I find the optimum RPM for cruising and fuel mileage and build from there and its a simple task which involves a little more than just gear ratios for both transmission, tires and rear end. This is similar to manufacturers and how they determine their optimum which is on the sticker of new vehicles. No vehicle I own is new and I drive a pickup truck most everywhere but mostly on the highways and I am determined to get better gas mileage than what was offered in that year and I do by almost 7 mpg more and will better that with an updated engine with more horsepower.
America's first love was the automobile and still is to persons like us

Hotlines, you are correct. I am presently in Florida and have experimented with my 2010 hemi, full crew cab gas mileage. Granted it is mostly level, but with the cruise at 50 mph and out on the highway 23-24 mpg....believe it or not? going by the computer readout.....

The Gas prices suck here as well, but I think it is something we are going to have to get used to. It will be $1.50/L for my Dart when it comes out to play.:wack:

You think you guys have got it bad. Its just gone $2.20/L down here for 91octane, ten years ago it was only70 sumpthing cents, used to cost $38 to fill the dart, now its nearer $130! Last time I filled it was $2, it just keeps rising! And alot of this is due to our damn government and these stupid carbon taxes. :angry5:

Time for an alcohol still?

gas isnt as bad as food, its over 4 bucks for a gallon of fuckin milk where I am at..
two months ago, last time I bought it, it was 3.60 something.

I used to buy gas for...... .22/gal.

In 2008 I went to Ohio and paid $1.43/gal.

Now it is $3.62.

Dart gets 10 on 93 octane...$3.95

Mustang gets 21

Honda gets over 40.

Guess what I am riding a bunch more??

Ya either love cars or ya don't and in my life the price of gas bothers me but doesn't stop me from traveling. I look at it this way: What is going to give me more pleasure than driving my vehicles besides sex. I find the optimum RPM for cruising and fuel mileage and build from there and its a simple task which involves a little more than just gear ratios for both transmission, tires and rear end. This is similar to manufacturers and how they determine their optimum which is on the sticker of new vehicles. No vehicle I own is new and I drive a pickup truck most everywhere but mostly on the highways and I am determined to get better gas mileage than what was offered in that year and I do by almost 7 mpg more and will better that with an updated engine with more horsepower.
America's first love was the automobile and still is to persons like us

Yes I'm planing a build for next winter 74 Scamp - bone stock 318 - 4 speed OD tranny - 8 1/4 rear with highway gears but will have the muscle look anyway as much as you can make a scamp look muscle
My 71 340 Demon has a tremec 5 speed with 355 gears I took it easy on a trip last year and got 26 mpg so I'll "TRY" to keep my foot off the floor

I think I'm gonna get me one of them new Mopar Fiat, LOL. They're better looking then the F'N Smart car.

My ex mother-in-law looks better than a Smart car.

But they do help me pay the light bill.

P1178686.jpg

the high price does suck. i'll still drive mine, maybe not quite as much depending how tight the cash is at that time. i have put about 500 miles on mine so far this year. been to allentown pa (80 miles) twice so far..

every time the gas goes up i'm more and more glad i have a stock *** motor in the car because i can run the 87 octane in it. hell i could probably piss in the tank and have it run ok..lol

I forgot to add....
I can buy a whole bunch of gas for the price of a Smart and still not be humiliated in traffic.

I spend about $60.00 every day except Sunday to fill my van to run my service calls. It is getting out of hand with the gas prices. But what are you going to do? Have to work and my job is on the road every day. Hopefully maybe I'll live long enough to see this country actually start to drill oil for ourselves. Doubt it though, too many tree hugging liberals.

I used to buy gas for...... .22/gal.

In 2008 I went to Ohio and paid $1.43/gal.

Now it is $3.62.

Dart gets 10 on 93 octane...$3.95

Mustang gets 21

Honda gets over 40.

Guess what I am riding a bunch more??
Just ran out of gas in my Duster. The Stroker is getting about 5 MPG (heavey foot)

My ex mother-in-law looks better than a Smart car.

But they do help me pay the light bill. Holy cow, 15 cars on one truck???

P1178686.jpg

I hope you were very careful about the height of the 1st headrack car while under tow.
I have pictures of what happens when somebody goes under a 13'9" bridge with the front end up in the air and the car was then sitting at 14'2".
I always insist that they take the steer tires off before they go anywhere. Real cheap which we will pay extra for.

milk may be more than gas per gallon but honestly, how many gallons of milk do you use per week. maybe 1 as gas I'd say 20 gallons.

I hope you were very careful about the height of the 1st headrack car while under tow.
I have pictures of what happens when somebody goes under a 13'9" bridge with the front end up in the air and the car was then sitting at 14'2".
I always insist that they take the steer tires off before they go anywhere. Real cheap which we will pay extra for.
oh yeah, no low bridges here to worry about, plus I put my TowStick on any job that the clearance is questionable...

I've got some pics too of a rival tow company that underbidded me on a job and ruined 3 brand new Toyota Camry's...:evil4:

Well, some of you already know that I am a very controversial person and with that said will include that I am a car person, sworn to fun loyal to none. My Signet runs a manual valve body push button trans which I wouldn't remove for the world and it will no longer be a freeway vehicle although a couple hundred mile trek is feasible as its always been what it is, however the truck I drive and build as I drive it is from a manufacturer I will no longer mention here. Since I stuck a T56 6 speed trans in it and revamped the electronics its 126,000 mile engine purrs like a kitten and gets around 19 to 21 mpg on the highway and to top it off, when I change to a higher horse power fresh motor this summer, it will get a few more mpg, hopefully around 25-26 as it cruises around 2000 rpm in the 70's. There are things you can actually do to improve both your power and gas mileage but you've got to gear yourself.
I mentioned the gas problems last year but no one listened and now here it is...

-
Back