Damn, I hate it when my wife 'helps' me clean the garage. That said...

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
..at the end of the day, it's great when the wife helps me clean the garage! It's great she has no problem grabbing onto a greasy k-frame, power steering box all the way out to the rotors, to help me move it over to the other side of the garage. The best part was when she yelled at the kid 'don't you dare drag that hood on the concrete!'
She keeps me on point, instead of getting into some drunken internet argument... which, it seems, I'm pretty good at. :)

I like to let mine help also. The only problem is after she organizes, it takes me days to find anything. She has a different way of arranging things than I do. She groups things differently. But I still love her.

My wife has great organizing skills...I always let her help!

Jeff
My wife does too. She said to me today "I wish you'd just let me go out here, and get this organized". I said I'd never find anything... she replied. "oh yes you would, you'd know exactly where everything is". The problem with that is I can't go out to the garage to 'find something', and drink a few beers while doing so. :)

My wife helped me carry the new entry door up the stairs on the deck and get it in place. And brought me beer back frim the store this morning! She’s a keeper!

My wife helped me carry the new entry door up the stairs on the deck and get it in place. And brought me beer back frim the store this morning! She’s a keeper!
Keep bringing the beer is the most important part. Do that enough, and I don't really give a crap if you helped me get the job done. Bring me a few more and I don't care if the job gets done at all... until the next day when I have to do it hungover :)

My wife does too. She said to me today "I wish you'd just let me go out here, and get this organized". I said I'd never find anything... she replied. "oh yes you would, you'd know exactly where everything is". The problem with that is I can't go out to the garage to 'find something', and drink a few beers while doing so. :)
Its so very well organized, its all in the last place you will look!
Ask me how i know.

I've gone thru three reorganizations .... When I was on the road. Two involved stacking everything on the floor so I could rearrange shelving.

Right now I'm battling back from #3.... Three weeks and counting.

I won't live thru another.

I've gone thru three reorganizations .... When I was on the road. Two involved stacking everything on the floor so I could rearrange shelving.

You doing ok

I have something like that coming up.. I have tons of shelves, cabinets, etc mounted on the walls of my 3 stall garage... I need to tear it all down so I can insulate and OSB board it up... I want my garage insulated and heated, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Went to illioins 2 months ago in my civic hatchback. Got halfway there and my timing belt snapped. Ended up stuck there for 6 weeks while I waited for parts to come in and dealing with getting the wrong parts sent to me. Nithing was supposed to take so long. While dealing with these issues and more I pushed my dads El Camino out of the garage put my civic in there and cleaned his garage for him. He didnt like his car getting kicked out but atleast after I left I had given him the motivation to get back in there and start working on his car again. He's a mechanic and just gets tired of fixxing cars all day. So I'm glad I got him back in there. What sucks tho is I had head gasket failure and ended up shooting a rod out the block. 1500 in performance parts just inside the engine not including gaskets seals racing clutch extra tools I needed at the time and more. Needless to say before I left illinois I was already in trouble with the wife for spending 2500. Then 200 miles from home is when the motor blew. 1200 mile drives one way sucks lol

The door to my attached garage is right off the living room, which is nice because I can just walk out after everybody goes to bed and work on stuff, and still come right back in and check on Nella. The problem, however, is that some people in the house just open the door, put something out on the deck, never to be taken care of again. So, I usually spend 1/2 my time in the garage cleaning up and finding stuff a new home, which is becoming harder and harder to do. It’s a lost cause saying anything about it, so I just accept the fact that it’s part of my regimen!

The door to my attached garage is right off the living room, which is nice because I can just walk out after everybody goes to bed and work on stuff, and still come right back in and check on Nella. The problem, however, is that some people in the house just open the door, put something out on the deck, never to be taken care of again. So, I usually spend 1/2 my time in the garage cleaning up and finding stuff a new home, which is becoming harder and harder to do. It’s a lost cause saying anything about it, so I just accept the fact that it’s part of my regimen!
Not if you throw whatever it is away! In day to day life as in criminal life, if there are no consequences, nothing will change.

-
Back