Damn it !!!!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Delta canceled our flight after we sat there for 3 hours waiting in the airport. We're rescheduled for tomorrow at 7 am. And now Amy is fighting with someone in India about our hotel reservations.This trip is becoming a journey....... not to mention the $50+ we spent on round trip cab fares back & forth to the airport today. :angry7:

Upside is I get to stay home tonight and watch the Mets kick the Yankee's asses again...... :toothy10:

A lot of hotel booking agents are located in India. Then they forward the reservation to the hotel.

Chuck

I take it you're either flying TO India and you're arguing with your Hotel there, OR you're the victim of yet another outsourcing nightmare..........

.........I'll assume the latter..........Good luck. (Remember "Johnny 5" the robot in "Short Circuit" ?............If you try to talk like "Ben", his creator, you'll get farther faster).

Airlines are becoming more and more of pain in the ***. It's no wonder they are struggling to stay alive. Their customer service sucks and they have no respect for people as well. Hard to believe that they expect us to want to fly anymore. I stay away from them as much as possible. If I can drive there, then drive is what I'll do.

A lot of hotel booking agents are located in India. Then they forward the reservation to the hotel.

Chuck

As an old saying I heard goes............... "Running a business would be easy if you could just rid of the customer". It's funny how companies do anything they can to keep from having to actually talk to a customer.

I think John is making flight plans for a cruse and show in Florida :-k I think
NO!!! I have not started drinking yet :toothy10:

Sometimes you just want to fly there, find the idiot who couldn't care less about your problems, and wring their neck!

Take it easy John, you'll get out of there eventually :)

Grant

When we visited my son last year in the Netherlands (with a stop in London and Paris), made flight reservations thru Expedia for the flight to London and the return from Amsterdam. Made hotel reservations online directly to the hotels for both London and Paris and made Eurostar and Thalys rail reservations directly through them online. Even printed our tickets thru their websites. Everything went right according to plan with no problems whatsoever - all done anywhere from 3 months to a year before we actually left!!!

Dang that will get yah cranked up some. Just get here safe and will see you tomorrow if this didn't set you back time wise.

I think John is making flight plans for a cruse and show in Florida :-k I think
NO!!! I have not started drinking yet :toothy10:

You haven't broken into that 30 pac yet bud. :clock: I am on #4.:drinkers::drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

So much for sitting by the pool sipping single malt this afternoon. No worries mate, Micky will still be there when you get there.

I'm flying down to Florida next Wednesday on Frontier. Never had a problem with them (knock on wood). This should be an interesting trip.......40th HS reunion.

Most airlines have started combining flights that are not full. They come up with some excuse about delays and repairs then tell you that you need to change airlines. They don't care about the passengers just as long as they are saving money. Most airlines are working together to make this happen. And it is always last minute so you are screwed. It happens almost every time I fly. Flying sucks alot more than it used to. Good luck on your plans.

We booked our trip through Expedia. We've had zero issues with them in all the years Amy & me have been together. We always take the travelers insurance for situations like this. But then you have some outside event that changes your plans (Delta's plane had "mechanical" issues...) causing the cancellation, and you get the REAL workings of the situation.

Once we got done with being re-scheduled, we called Expedia to change our reservations because we didn't need to pay for a night and a day of car rental. When we called their "Customer Service" number, we we're greeted with outsourcing. Then we were told we called too late. You must call before 4:00. By the time we reached this nugget in the conversation, it was 4:12. No kidding.... They wouldn't refund the night.

Now we call Expedia to speak about our traveller's insurance and how it will help us. We get connected to outsourcing with someone with such a heavy accent, almost couldn't communicate. The best we got was that they were sending us a "Claim Form" that will most likely do squat.

Frustrating. You can't communicate with someone that has the ability to listen, decide, and arrange your accommodations when something like this happens. That defective piece of carbon-based life form overseas that wouldn't budge on the 4:00 pm cut really annoyed the Hell outta me.

Now I have a poor opinion of Delta... Expedia....Travellers insurance..... and some poor schmuck overseas that doesn't know any better.....not to mention that between the round trip cab fare, a day's car rental, and a night's hotel, I'm probably out almost $200 or more, and I'm still on my couch!

Good thing I have a bottle of Glen Livet in the cabinet. And the Mets are beating the Yankess so far......
Hopefully we'll get down there OK and I'll make it to Old Town. I'll give Noel a call when we finally make it there. :toothy10:

There are a lot of people that are unhappy with Delta.
When Northwest and Delta merged they were all right for the first couple of months then they started to suck.
I learned this from a business man we were stranded with in Detroit on the way home from Orlando.

Our plane and the one he was on were delayed flying in to Detroit. We both missed the same connecting flight. You think because the flights coming in were all delayed they would have held the connecting flights.

He and some other people got to the gate seconds ahead of us. The gate attendant basically slammed the door in their face.

Then we had to reschedule our fights. The one service rep was really rude. Like it was our fault we missed our flight. She wasn't even going to give us a hotel voucher. So I talked to a different one who did .
I think she saw I was doing a good job holding my temper compare to the others.

By the time we went to get the hotel shuttle the two of them were swamped with other passengers. As we walked away I chuckled to myself they're going to have a long night ahead of them.

So from now on we'll drive the 125 miles to the Twin Cities and take a direct flight on a different airline.

John is correct, I know Air Canada baggage concerns and such are done through a phone call to India. How ridiculous is that! My luggage is in Canada or the US somwehere and somebody from India is expected to help me find it!

It's 4:30 am. I have a cab coming (again...) in less than an hour to take us to the airport (again....) I hope there's no "issues" today as my Sister's graduation is at 2:00 pm this afternoon. THAT'S the real reason we're headed down there!

I can't believe how frustrating yesterday turned out.....
:angry7:

It's 4:30 am. I have a cab coming (again...) in less than an hour to take us to the airport (again....) I hope there's no "issues" today as my Sister's graduation is at 2:00 pm this afternoon. THAT'S the real reason we're headed down there!

I can't believe how frustrating yesterday turned out.....
:angry7:

BTW: My mistake, we booked with Travelocity, NOT Expedia. Amy takes care of all the travel details (she basically tells me when to take off from work and what time to be ready....) and she corrected me on this.

I take it you're either flying TO India and you're arguing with your Hotel there, OR you're the victim of yet another outsourcing nightmare..........

.........I'll assume the latter..........Good luck. (Remember "Johnny 5" the robot in "Short Circuit" ?............If you try to talk like "Ben", his creator, you'll get farther faster).

If you really want to get somewhere with the person on the phone call him or her Apu. :-D It's amazing how far ranging the Simpson's are.

When I lived in Silver Springs, Fl and I had to travel less than 1000 miles , I drove.
If I was going home to Cincinnati (874 miles), by the time I drove to the airport in Orlando, parked, got a ride to the terminal, went thru all the screening and waited for the plane, I would be screaming thru Atlanta.
It might take me a bit longer to get home but I leave on my schedule, stop when I want to, eat what I want.
It was cheaper, did not have to rent a car and I was always trying to better my time. 11hours and 52 minutes was my best time, That is about a 73 mph average-driveway to driveway.

-
Back