Damn! more problems

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I bought a shim kit for the rocker shafts to tighten things up a bit and one of my push rod cups is fubar and my rocker adjuster isn't much better. It looks like there has been a lot of heat on the push rod due to discoloration. I had a good clack on that side even after adjusting the valves twice. Now I need a new push rod and rocker adjuster. :roll: :roll:

Man thats gotta suck...hang in there though and it will all work out...i know how you feel... :afro:

If only someone had suggested getting extra push rods.......Oh yeah, that was me. If it's going to go bad, it will happen to Brett on a Friday night when he can't get overnight parts.

This sucks, Brett. It's a good thing I lined up the Dyno for us a week from next Tuesday. Have them send you three or four push rods this time just in case. If you need them to send it to my office feel free so you know someone will be there.

I have a feeling it wasn't adjusted right and there was way to much lash and it just clacked itself to death. Once the ball and cup got marred it was all over.

I will definately get extra push rods this time. I need to check the other side this weekend to see if I have any potential problems over there.

It looks like I'll be down for another week again. :roll: :roll:

I can get the push rods by tues but I don't know about the rocker adjuster. If I can I'll grab my ankles and pay over night shipping, AGAIN! :shock:

Did you re-check the pushrod length with the new heads/cam combo? If you re-used your old ones, they may just be the wrong length. Better check.

-
Back