damn neighbors

-

71demonology

Reaction score
so i just got the duster and demon a couple weeks a go. I get a notice today from my property management that if the cars aren't removed by the 10th, they will have them towed. They are calling them non-operating.... the duster runs but needs tires, the demon is non operating because i can't figure out how to get gas to the damn carb... so i have 3ish weeks to get the demon running or find a new home for her. I have a carb kit coming, i have replaced the fuel pump, just no gas is getting to the pump.... it is so blocked that it is creating negative pressure in the lines.... anyways tomorrow i am going to blow some air through the lines, if that doesn't work tank gets dropped, and cleaned with a new sending unit.... how damn annying.

this is why i want to get stationed in another state where i can afford some freaking land. ok end rant.

Wow, that can be a real drag. Sometimes you just can't beat having your own land when it comes to rebuilding or fixing cars. I'm not sure of the laws :book: where you live but I sure hope you get them both rolling soon. You just may have to find and rent garage space or somthing to keep the peace. :argue:

Good Luck

If you need a new tank and sender I pulled my tank out of my Duster and it has a newer sender (5/16 line) and the tank was acid etched and sealed by a local rad shop.....I pulled them to put in a fuel cell....if you need them PM me and we can work out a deal.....they came out of my '73 Duster.

thanx i should be letting you know in a day or 2... gonna try and clean the lines and see what happens today

That is fine.....Where are you located at too......cause of shipping. I live in OH....

I live right downtown in the yuppie area, where land is scarce and expensive! They have rules about everything, but I must say, you can park whatever car you want wherever you want on your land. There's an old '50's School bus in one guys yard being used as a shed, and right beside him the houses are worth 3/4 million dollars with BMW's and Porshes everywhere! It's really weird...

We live in West Allis WI (Western burb of Milw) and it's pretty relaxed for the most part. We moved to this house from Cudahy (SE burb of Milw). Cudahy was a blue collar area for the most part but someone managed to ***** about my Duster drag car being parked next to the garage and I had to move it. They wanted plates on it to be legal. In order to get plates I had to get it emission and saftied. Good luck getting a 440 Duster past them! The cop that tagged my car was pretty nice about it but he did eexplain that they had an additional part to the city ordinance that would allow them to come in your garage and ticket and non registered car if some one bitched about it. He just said to keep the garage door shut as much as possible. Then he told me the Chevy guy across the street was the one that complained........

65s said:
I live right downtown in the yuppie area, where land is scarce and expensive! They have rules about everything, but I must say, you can park whatever car you want wherever you want on your land. There's an old '50's School bus in one guys yard being used as a shed, and right beside him the houses are worth 3/4 million dollars with BMW's and Porshes everywhere! It's really weird...

I bought a new house about 10 yrs ago and had my 340 dart sitting in the drive with a car cover on it. After about 3 months I get a registered letter
from the neighborhood committy stating the no car can sit for more than 72 hours, even in my own driveway! So I called the president and explained that
I would conform and move the car every couple of days.I also mentioned that they would wish they had never mentioned it !! ( roller cam, 12.5:1 and open 3 1/2" collectors. Need I say more) So the next year at the neighborhood xmas party ,someone asked me who owns that loud car on my block!!

I hear ya mbaird, my neighbors grumble about another neighbors truck (big block), kinda loud, but not too bad. Wait till I get my car done. HAHAHA! :salut:

Try this:

Sit on your front step, in plain view of all your neighbours, sharpening all the knives in your home. On the next evening, do it again, except be cleaning & polishing your gun. (Borrow a friend's rifle if you don't have any of your own.) Offer free parking on your lawn to some of the local bikers and play weird industrial metal music on Sunday afternoons....

....they should leave you alone after that.... :D

So what happened? Were you able to get things sorted out?

-
Back