Damn'd Dash

-

swinger1971

Reaction score
Have had 6 Darts over the years; rusty beaters all. When I had the chance to learn and tool around on them I squandered the opportunity. Now i have a nice one. Not mint but all original. 48k miles. I dont want to screw anything up.
Radio died. Replaced all fuses. No luck. Figured id pull it out and see whats what. Cant get the damd thing out. As a kid growing up in nyc in the 70's you'd run into the store for milk and the radio would be gone in minutes. What gives. Took all the srews out and cant get the trim off. Do t want to break it. Anyone got the simple fix I'm missing?

Also anyone know what this tube I'm pointing at in the ash tray is? A fuse for the radio maybe?

Thanks

20170929_172351.jpg

20170929_172357.jpg

That's the ash tray light.
Don't touch the trim
It comes out through the back, pull the knobs off the face, pull the screws and remove the ash tray, remove the glove box and get the bracket at the back.

Add an aux in while you have it out so you can jam to your new beats on your phone, mp3, disc man, etc. .

That's the ash tray light.
Don't touch the trim
It comes out through the back, pull the knobs off the face, pull the screws and remove the ash tray, remove the glove box and get the bracket at the back.

Add an aux in while you have it out so you can jam to your new beats on your phone, mp3, disc man, etc. .
Wow. Thanks man. So glad i didnt try to muscle it off. Plastic is super brittle. Figured it was something like that.
An aux cable would be awesome. May as well once i take it all apart.

Wow. Thanks man. So glad i didnt try to muscle it off. Plastic is super brittle. Figured it was something like that.
An aux cable would be awesome. May as well once i take it all apart.

Its a light? In the ashtray? Huh. Never would have figured. Didnt look like glass. Dosent light up anyways.

Its a light? In the ashtray? Huh. Never would have figured. Didnt look like glass. Dosent light up anyways.

It has a small slot in the underside where the light comes through, (which I made a little bigger on mine so I could see the place where you snuff out):D

-
Back