Dana by Strange or Moser?

-
also have an s60 with stock ionon angle i my duster bolted right in i went with b body drum brakes i had lying around be sure to get an adjustable pionin snubber got mine from mancini

i got the moser fabricated sheet metal housing. im happy with it.

blackrear.jpg

SSPX0154.jpg

Thanks guys. Strange has all the stock dimensions and unless specified otherwise, would build it that way. They're saying 6 degrees is stock. I'm not in a position to set up my car again and measure what it should be, so I'm probably going to have to go with "stock" and hope for the best.

I had originally planned to use my 8 3/4 which has stock perch locations, but since the S60 hasn't been built yet, now would have been the best time to dial it in perfect.

Has anyone else converted to a Tremec and had to change pinion angle?

Unless you aren't using the factory location for the leaf springs, or totally different type of spring or seriously changing the ride height why would the pin angle be different?

Well, I would think contributing factors (compared to a stock 4 speed) would be the location of the Tremec output shaft (forward or backward) and (up or down). That's what I'm concerned with the most. I do also have an unused set of old S/S springs that I might use, but more likely a more Formula S type spring.

If some of the above dimensions were different and then also the location of the Dana yoke vs. 8 3/4 yoke (Dana might be more forward?), then I would think this could necessitate a different pinion angle.

I guess I'll just go with stock and hope it's good...

Well, I would think contributing factors (compared to a stock 4 speed) would be the location of the Tremec output shaft (forward or backward) and (up or down). That's what I'm concerned with the most. I do also have an unused set of old S/S springs that I might use, but more likely a more Formula S type spring.

If some of the above dimensions were different and then also the location of the Dana yoke vs. 8 3/4 yoke (Dana might be more forward?), then I would think this could necessitate a different pinion angle.

I guess I'll just go with stock and hope it's good...

If your front and rear spring mounting points are in the same location height wise or relatively close then you will be fine. you can pick up the angled shims to fine tune it also. they are cheap and come in a variety of sizes.

If your front and rear spring mounting points are in the same location height wise or relatively close then you will be fine. you can pick up the angled shims to fine tune it also. they are cheap and come in a variety of sizes.

DONT use aluminum ones!

-
Back