Dang I hate being sick, it sucks

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Wife was sick for a week, then I caught it a couple days ago.

Totally miserable right now. Gone through 3/4 of a box of tissues in the last 24 hours. I thought yesterday was bad, but this morning I feel like I got hit by a bus or something.
I have aches and pains anyway, but when I get one of these bad colds, just makes me hurt that much more.
Trying to kill time online, but just looking at the screen makes my eyes water.

Back to bed I guess.

Hope you get feeling better soon. I'll bet you have a influenza bug. A flu shot might help next time.

Sorry to hear you are down. Sounds like you any be near the bottom. Hope you start to feel better tomorrow. Glad you and your wife were not sick at the same time!
Mike

Being sick does indeed suck. Hope you get well quickly....

I guess I'm the only one who likes being sick. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Flannel pajamas, chicken soup, cream of wheat, its kinda Norman Rockwell.

Misery loves company! Mine started two days ago with a severe sore throat. I almost went into the doc thinking it was step. Woke up today and my throat felt better...then it hit my head. You made me laugh as I looked over at my pile of tissues on the table beside my chair.

Here's praying for a quick recovery for both of us!!:angel12:

You need some Kentucky medicine! Shot of Bourbon with a touch of white vinegar, and lemon juice! Drink mix and repeat. Hope you get to feelin' better.:D

Misery loves company! Mine started two days ago with a severe sore throat. I almost went into the doc thinking it was step. Woke up today and my throat felt better...then it hit my head. You made me laugh as I looked over at my pile of tissues on the table beside my chair.

Here's praying for a quick recovery for both of us!!:angel12:

I'm in. I have a cold also.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That time of the year I guess. I had my flu shot about a month ago so hopefully it won't be the flu! Wishing you a speedy recovery KrazyKuda.

Thanks. Just trying to get some sleep, vitamin C and garlic to help fight this cold.

One son has a stomach bug, and the other had a bad pain in his side yesterday and nausia, but is feeling better this morning.

You're right, it's that time of year. We just have to tough it up and fight this until it's gone... :coffee2:

That's a cup of tea, not coffee.... LOL!

Tea with lemon and honey.... :coffee2:

I hope this passes for everyone soon, a lot of liquids and rest, remove the tissues from your area wash hands and pillow cases daily folks :cheers:
Apple cider vinegar removed more then rust on our car parts :evil3: a 1 oz. shot and chase
that with what ever men :coffee2: Hope today I see some recovery from this sick stuff !

Get Well Soon my FABO friends

Well feeling a little better this morning, head is starting to dry up, but now have a horrible sounding cough, and hacking up lots of disgusting stuff. But think I'm on the road to recovery.
Don't know if its the flu, I just seem to get one of these really bad colds every year. It will likely be a couple weeks before I feel complete normal again.

Tried to get a flu shot a few weeks ago, but my doctors office said they weren't doing flu shots till Nov 1, by that time I'd forgotten about it.

Well feeling a little better this morning, head is starting to dry up, but now have a horrible sounding cough, and hacking up lots of disgusting stuff. But think I'm on the road to recovery.
Don't know if its the flu, I just seem to get one of these really bad colds every year. It will likely be a couple weeks before I feel complete normal again.

One trick I do for the congestion is to go into my walk in shower that's fully enclosed (including on top) and turn it on full hot. I cover the openings in the door and let the steam collect like a steam room. Then I go in and hack up as much as I can (the steam helps break the mucus loose). It helps feel better for a little bit and clears up the sinuses.

Also the 12 hour sudafed D or Mucinex D is good. You have to go to the pharmacy and ask for the sudafed or mucinex "D" with the decongestant in it to clear up your sinuses to sleep. Unfortunately, you can only buy one box at a time or you're labelled as a Meth dealer.... (I don't understand that, because meth lab guys are using it by the case, not a few boxes at a time...)

Nyquil took out the decongestant so they can stay "on the shelf" and not have to go to a pharmacist and ask for it.

It's a shame that we can't get the proper medicine for our colds because a few make meth out of it. We are now guilty until proven innocent as far as that's concerned...

I have also found out that eating fresh garlic in your food helps boost your immune system as well as vitamin C or better.

Then some tea with lemon and honey will help you feel better also.

KrazyKuda, thanks for the tips. I have been taking a really hot steamy shower in the morning, helps a lot.

Maybe i'll pick up some Sudafed if I manage to get out today.

Going kinda stircrazy anyway, haven't left the house in 3 days.

Get you some Yukon Jack from the liquor store. One shot will do ya. Tip: do the shot then keep you mouth closed and only breathe through your nose for a bit. If you don't the vapor off the YJ will make you cough. Kinda like breathing kerosine. LOL

Hope you feel better soon.

When your sick, you'd do anything just to remember how it feels not to be sick.

I had a bad cold a couple weeks ago. It started in my sinuses then went to my chest. I was coughing for more than a week. Finally it cleared. It must not have been the Flu since I got my shot early this year. I hope you guys feels better.

I had a scratchy/itchy throat today. I decided to try chopping up a fresh garlic clove and put it into some chicken noodle soup and heated it up. While eating it, the scratchy/itchy throat went away, and hasn't come back for an hour now. The garlic really helped....

-
Back