Dang weather

-

Yote

Reaction score
Hot 95’ and up to 55 mph wind here today. Small town 35 miles from here being evacuated due to wildfire. No moisture at all here this month and only 2.11 inches in my gauge since first of year, DRY !!! Went to Texas couple weeks ago and best wheat I saw was here and there. Everything in between was poor. Ours will go backwards quickly if this keeps up. Dang it !!
Yote

Hot 95’ and up to 55 mph wind here today. Small town 35 miles from here being evacuated due to wildfire. No moisture at all here this month and only 2.11 inches in my gauge since first of year, DRY !!! Went to Texas couple weeks ago and best wheat I saw was here and there. Everything in between was poor. Ours will go backwards quickly if this keeps up. Dang it !!
Yote
Its supposed to be 85°f in Indy tomorrow, which is crazy for April. Im not complaining though, because the first car show of the season is also tomorrow. Way better than the normal 60-65°f.

57DF6305-E431-4B10-B3BE-30F3D5EC971E.jpeg
and another fire just blew up 15 miles west of us. Wind hasn’t subsided.several fires in a 200 mile radius of us.

We will be good unless something breaks out to our south. I just worry about folks in the path. Fire departments busy today. All volunteer, good people. A few years ago a lot of fires, enough so that I was actually able to time them. 3 minutes from the time the whistle first sounded until trucks were on the road. Again all volunteers !!!

Yote

Last edited:
We lost two firefighters last year. One in a crash responding to a fire. The other in a fire while being recalled when going to the first ones funeral.
Yote

Yeah, a year ago the big boys were expecting a drought lasting up to 20 years in the south west. Didn’t realize that we were actually considered south west .
Yote

-
Back