Dangers of buying a car online

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Off with its’ head! Going down the rabbit hole for sure now. Be very wary of buddies who find projects for you on fleabay… The ad said, “some rust.” Should have said “some metal…”

EADEB3CF-1C9E-4ED9-B439-F349FFB97598.jpeg

F3436B3E-6586-42FE-A221-3145BBF9A493.jpeg

I just can’t believe that a. 50 ish old car has rust . Weird :rolleyes:

i have a set of nice A pillars. PM me if you need them.....very cheap.

I cannot believe that someone on eBay would lie. Also if you have extra cash I’m selling a bridge over some water for like little to no extra money if interested….

Sorry- lol! Most transactions are good but used cars are a crap shoot.

i have a set of nice A pillars. PM me if you need them.....very cheap.
Thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind. I was able to pull the roof off my donor car with the cowl, plenum, and A pillars intact with the roof. Hopefully, I will be able to put it on my coupe the same way.

It was a typo. It read "rust free". Should have said, "The rust is free with purchase of car".

Everybody has their own definition of "has some rust" depending on where you live. I worked with a guy from PA that said "rust free" means it still casts a shadow.

California "rust free" there is still paint on the metal.

Arizona "rust free" there is no paint on the metal but it is still smooth.

Colorado "rust free" there is no paint on the metal and a few pock marks.

East of the Mississippi "rust free" there is no paint and almost no good metal, all the rust has fallen off, hence rust free :poke:

:rofl:

What! A used car sale wasn't totally up front?

What's this world coming too?

my purchase simply said "rust issues"! They were right, but most of these early utes did. Mine was really about what you'd expect. I may have gone a bit overboard with rust removal, getting every last bit I could. But it will be very close to rust free soon. Do it once, do it right!

13.JPG

California "rust free" there is still paint on the metal.

Arizona "rust free" there is no paint on the metal but it is still smooth.

Colorado "rust free" there is no paint on the metal and a few pock marks.

East of the Mississippi "rust free" there is no paint and almost no good metal, all the rust has fallen off, hence rust free :poke:

:rofl:
So true

-
Back