Dante's sound deadener carpet

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
I see that Dante's has some pre-cut peices of sound deadener. Has anyone ever used this product?
I know that there are many ways to insulate the floor before putting in the carpet,Fat-Mat, Dyna-mat ect. But this looks pretty nice with the pre-cut sections. It could make the job very easy.
Here is a link to it. http://dantesparts.com/sounddeadener.html

Thanks..............Ted

I installed Dante’s floor sound deadener a few years ago in my hot-rodded/6 ’67 ragtop. Dose it quiet the car down?… Good question and I can’t say it does or does not, but can’t hurt, as my exhaust is loud from high compression, the noise travels from trunk to cockpit via top well, and all the wind noise with top up drowns out most sounds coming up from floor. There is no barrier other than a bit of canvas between trunk, and cockpit in these cars. She’s a real drone-mobile at 2300-2700 rpm.
This winter I’m planning on isolating trunk from cockpit with some sort of hard barrier, adding sound deadener to wheel arches, and installing a pair of Flowmaster HP-2 mufflers in front of the existing OEM type mufflers. Hopefully this will quiet the car down enough to hear its 2.5 watt Music Master Am transistor radio when under way. LOL

That does sound like a good deal, if it works even somewhat as good as the other stuff. Might have to consider this.

Does this stuff stick to the floor or does it just lay there. I'm reluctant to use something like dynamat because it's so hard to remove.

For lack of proper name of this material, it imitates a thick flexible rubber like nonstick mat. It can be cut to fit, and easily conforms to contours of floor surface.

I too would be reluctant to apply some sort of thick coating to any sheet metal in a car which would make any future repair a nightmare that involves heat.

-
Back