Darn, Kickdown broke now what?

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
The other day I noticed that the kickdown wasnt working right. I guess a shoddy repair by someone B4 we(me or my father in law( owned the car finally broke..looks like they tried to epoxy where it broke..Id never noticed father in law never noticed the "repair" but it finally broke. whats better to get just a new linkage(full) can you get just the part that broke or is one of those fancy Bouchillion Performance cables the way to go(Ive used the Buchillon on the roadrunner and it worked well as I recall but I didnt have much choice as I could find no linkage reasonably priced).

included are some pictures of where im talking that it "broke" off from and what the shoddy repair with epoxy looked like...wanted to get this taken care of BEFORE I put on the Thermoquad as it only makes sense to have a kickdown that works if im adding a new carb.. So the combo when I get the TQ on will be 727+Thermoquad,console shift 340. if any or all that matters. anything special I will need since im suing the TQ..would the Bouchillion Performance deal work with the TQ?? Id just as soon just get some stock linkage but sometimes the prices I see...just wow :)

Attachments

• Dart_Sport_344.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Dart_Sport_345.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Dart_Sport_346.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 121
If it was me and I had all the linkage mounts like you have I would remove it and have it wire welded back together . JMO

Know that I see pictures, I would find a throttle rode (you may have an extra one some where) and cut the end off that clamps on to the carb,Then weld it on to the correct length for your kick down linkage.

no idea what ever came on a 340 dart sport with a 727.

find out if its 2 or 3 piece, I may have the section thats broke. I believe yours should be 3 piece, one on carb that hooks onto a swinging bracket, then another hooks to that and runs down to the bellhousing and hooks onto another bracket, then the final one hooks to the transmission. I think you need the intermediate one

-
Back