"Dart 273" air cleaner

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ever see one of these? I only thought "Charger" or "Commando" was used.

Attachments

• 12065812_497719030397800_192240821221613206_n.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 228
Can't say that I have. Is that the original aluminum applique or a Mylar decal? What year is that? is it auto or 4 speed? Get me a very good picture of that directly overhead if possible. PM me and I'll explain what I am doing.

looks hinky to me, the "four barrel" just doesn't look right. Ask Cosgig...

Can't say that I have. Is that the original aluminum applique or a Mylar decal? What year is that? is it auto or 4 speed? Get me a very good picture of that directly overhead if possible. PM me and I'll explain what I am doing.

No clue. I just found the photo posted on Facebook. The font's look correct but I'm sure it's a copy. It looks old though.

I would bet that if anyone knows it would be Ulf - 65dartcharger. That said, the only one I've ever seen for a Dart is the CHARGER 273 decal that's laminated to a thin piece of aluminum which is then glued to the chrome Command air cleaner lid. I sent an original to Ulf who had them reproduced (and they are really sweet!).

EDIT: I see he beat me to it ^^^^^^

I've been around A-bodies for 40 years and more than several 65-67 HP 273 cars. I've never seen an air cleaner that had Dart GT on it...

-
Back