Dart/Demon hood emblem

-

forsko

Reaction score
Hey guys, could anyone give me some measurements where to mount the DODGE emblem on the drivers side front of the hood on a 71 Demon? There must be some correct placing, I guess...

29978hoodemblem.jpg

By the way, did 71 Demons have metal emblems or stickers on the fenders?

Thanks for the info... I guess stickers were really common since I just got hold of a Brooklands "Road Test" book for Darts from 1960-1976. It features a RT-report of a Demon 340 from April 1971 and the Demons in the book all have stickers.

By the way, I really like this photo (sorry for the poor scan) of one of the test drivers smoking a pipe while tearing it up. Haha, I would like to see something like that today...

10980demontestdriverwithpipe.jpg

So, doesn't anyone have the DODGE hood emblem on their 69-72 Demon/Dart and can grab a ruler and give me some measurements where I should put it?

forsko said:
So, doesn't anyone have the DODGE hood emblem on their 69-72 Demon/Dart and can grab a ruler and give me some measurements where I should put it?
I will take a pic of mine when I get home from work. The emblem is not there at the moment, but you can see the outline where it goes.

GotDart said:
I will take a pic of mine when I get home from work. The emblem is not there at the moment, but you can see the outline where it goes.
Great! Thanks alot! Could you tell me approx how far it is placed from the front and right end of the hood?

Here ya go...

dodge.jpg

it measured 7-3/4" from the edge and 2-1/4" up from the front.

-
Back