Dart fender interchangeability 1965 through 1963

-

DumpsterFire

Reaction score
I'm pretty positive the 63 and 64 fenders are the same but is the 65 the same? If it isn't it sure looks like you could force it to work.

Can’t say for sure on the 63/64 but 65 is one year only as is 66.

This thread might be of some help.

no 65 is 100% different-- look at the hood to fender, it's nearly flat where the 63 & 4 have a pronounced curve downward into the hood.

however, i'd say that it's close-ish that you might'n mayhaps work it out if you got creative. but unless you're a master body man and fabricator, it's gonna look butt-- the headlight bezel would be the least of your worries in matching that stuff up.

no 65 is 100% different-- look at the hood to fender, it's nearly flat where the 63 & 4 have a pronounced curve downward into the hood.

however, i'd say that it's close-ish that you might'n mayhaps work it out if you got creative. but unless you're a master body man and fabricator, it's gonna look butt-- the headlight bezel would be the least of your worries in matching that stuff up.
That's all hood. The fender stops at 12oclock

20240510_201702.jpg

Know a damn good body man but I try to avoid calling in any favors I ain't owed

If there's a difference I sure as hell can't see what it is

Any idea what's different?I sure can't find the difference
No idea. The 65 fenders will actually bolt to the inner fenders of the 63/64 but nothing else (valence, grille, hood ,etc) will. Now taking that same 63/64 Dart as the base, if you swap the complete front clip of the donor 65, everything fits and lines up as it should. With all that work you’ll have visually a 65 Dart. You can do a complete front clip swap from a Dart to a Plymouth. Doug Dutra of slant 6 fame did that swap. He had a early Barracuda and swapped a complete 63 or 64 Dart front clip to it. There’s pics floating around the net

I have 63 fenders on a 64. Had to file a little off the grill to get it to fit.

my morbid curiosity got the better of me... found these:

No idea. The 65 fenders will actually bolt to the inner fenders of the 63/64 but nothing else (valence, grille, hood ,etc) will. Now taking that same 63/64 Dart as the base, if you swap the complete front clip of the donor 65, everything fits and lines up as it should. With all that work you’ll have visually a 65 Dart. You can do a complete front clip swap from a Dart to a Plymouth. Doug Dutra of slant 6 fame did that swap. He had a early Barracuda and swapped a complete 63 or 64 Dart front clip to it. There’s pics floating around the net
Well both fenders stop at 12 o clock. I'm willing to bet a 65 hood would fit too. I'm still not seeing any major difference in the fenders

65 sure looks like it's just trim mounted different. I have a lead on a 65 parts car and I'm looking like I'm gonna try to make it work

As I mentioned, use the complete front clip - hood, valence, grill, bumper and brackets, it,ll all bolt together and look right without any nodding the headlight area ir any other part.

As I mentioned, use the complete front clip - hood, valence, grill, bumper and brackets, it,ll all bolt together and look right without any nodding the headlight area ir any other part.
Well I figured that would work no issue but that ain't what I'm looking into

-
Back