dart fender splash shield questions

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 73 dart with 72 fenders. I need to find some splash shields for them. Does anyone know the part numbers for the 73 splash shields? Also, were 72 shields metal or plastic and will they interchange with the 73's? Just trying to figure out what I need to look for.

72's are metal
73's are plastic.
I probably have some metal ones. I just sold the plastic ones from my 73.

Will the metal 72 ones bolt up to the 73 body or are the mounting points different?
I found one marked 74 LH in my parts stash. I had tried to fit it before but no go. Today I scrape the undercoating off to look for a part number and behold! its actually a RH. Damn, labeled it wrong. Going to see if it fits in a few minutes.

Ok, so I found one side that works. Its PN 3674306 RH. Lines up to the 73 body and 72 fender. So most likely the 72 ones would work. Im going to dig around and see if I can find the match to this one but if not I will be looking for a pair.

Ok, so I found one side that works. Its PN 3674306 RH. Lines up to the 73 body and 72 fender. So most likely the 72 ones would work. Im going to dig around and see if I can find the match to this one but if not I will be looking for a pair.
Or I have a 74 Scamp that should work.

I have some from a 74 valiant and they are different. PN's 3674632, 3674633
I would bet the scamp ones are the same.

So the part numbers I need are 3674306 RH and 3674307 LH. I had a good RH but need a LH. Will start a want thread.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I just parted out a 72 Dart 4 door that has the plastic shields. Did the late year built ones have the plastic? Was an original owner car and an old couple had it. Does'nt look to have ever been wrecked.

-
Back